Sign in to follow this  
odai

Re-selling PMDG addons?

Hello

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum, feel free to move if so.

I have physical copies of the PMDG Jetstream and MD-11X addons (published by Aerosoft) that I am looking to sell. Do the end user software licenses permit this, and will there be any issues with activation on the buyers' machines (I have installed these addons already on my current system but since uninstalled them again after migrating to P3D from FSX)?

Thanks!

Odai Koukash.  

If you purchased the two addons, they are licensed to you. According to the EULA licenses are not transferrable. They can't be sold.

Although it has been answered a couple of times, I'm not 100% sure if the answer is true for the whole world. This might probably be only the case for the US. I'm no lawyer at all (but work in the SW-industry for a long time), at lease for the european community it seems, that it is not allowed to restrict the user from re-selling used software. There have been some decisions e.g. by the court of justice of the european union that state that reselling of software licences can not be restricted by e.g. EULA (see http://curia.europa.eu/jcms/upload/docs/application/pdf/2012-07/cp120094en.pdf).

As said, I'm not a lawyer and this is definitly no legal advice and maybe it is completly ok in the case of PMDG to restrict re-selling.

Holger Schmid

Holger Schmid

The license - which people should read - is non-transferrable. Do not attempt to sell it.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Odai,

Put simply, you cannot buy a PMDG product because, by definition, it has to remain the property of PMDG. PMDG just sell you a license to use a copy of their products, therefore it cannot be transferred.

I hope this helps.

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

If they are physical copies I don't see an issue,I mean people sell games all the time and your only buying a license to play it then too. Ie a game like the disk version of Battlefield 4 can be sold and EA doesn't care as long as the software has been removed from your pc

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

If they are physical copies I don't see an issue,I mean people sell games all the time and your only buying a license to play it then too. Ie a game like the disk version of Battlefield 4 can be sold.

The disc version carries the same license.

----------

Guys - I mentioned earlier that you should really read the license. Please do so. Pay particular attention to where the license says it is entered into. The governing laws are those in that locality.

Pretty simple stuff here:

Do not share with, copy for, sell to, etc., anyone other than yourself. The license is yours and yours alone. Period. End.

Kyle Rodgers