Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

So who is going to playing HL2 now?

Guest Ken_Salter

I know I am - flight simming may have to take a little break! :-lol

Guest AAF

Me :)Well, I just beat it yesterday but I'll still play it.

Guest Ken_Salter

So quickly? What level did you play...I guess I'm slower - I play on the Difficult level and I also like to wander around looking at the scenery - amazing!!! I wish MSFS had water effects like HL2!I've spend most of my time lately playing with the airboat on the river. The physics engine is top notch!

Guest AAF

I did as I do with most of my games- go through on normal, then go through on difficult. I spent a LOT of time playing the game, which is why I ran through it so quickly. It's very engrossing. The airboat part was extremely fun, but I find myself going back to the last levels of the game. I won't tell you why, but when you get there, trust me..you'll know :).The effects of HL2 are just astonishing. With the current trend in visual effects in games, I can only hope that Microsoft Games picks up and incorporates some things into the next installment of Flight Simulator. I'd love to see some actual heat blur and water that not only reflects, but refracts. Just imagine landing a floatplane and seeing the sand beneath the water as you pull up to a beach, or watching the air behind your engines shimmer as you idle on the tarmac.Wow :)

Guest oyvindhansen

So how long was it compared to the first version which was very long?-

Guest AAF

It seems a bit shorter than HL1, but not by very much. The levels in HL2 are, in general, quite long. Valve did a great job of keeping the scope that HL1 had and increasing it, yet the levels really go by quickly. That's not to say they aren't fun, though. I had a blast during the entire game, and I'm having an equal amount of fun on subsequent playthroughs!

So does anyone know what the purpose of those stomping, pump-like hammers on the beaches is? Do I get a free cake at the end of the game when I turn them all off? ;-)Anyway, quite amazing game...

Guest AAF

Those things repel the antlions for a certain radius. Pretty useful stuff :)

Just beat it tonight - amazing game! Probably the best FPS I've ever played. That last hour and a half or so of the game... most beautiful graphics ever produced by a PC, some of it was rivaling Hollywood CGI - think "The Matrix"...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest nihongo

Yeah I liked it nice graphics but no freedom, got no choice, just like heading down a tunnel. You have to go the way they have predetermined.....its like an interactive movie....Where did my real aviation topic go?Did someone delete it? It was certainly more relevant than this. Wonder if someone is protecting slick willie.....Daniel

Daniel, I deleted it. TWA 800 posts are usually not going to last long. And if they are repeatedly posted in spite of being removed, the poster won't last long either.