Sign in to follow this  
JLuis

FTX EU Germany North Released!

Awesome! Now bring on FTX Hawaii!!!! Which I heard was next!

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Awesome! Now bring on FTX Hawaii!!!! Which I heard was next!

first Germany south, then Hawaii

Carsten U

:( Hopefully Germany South won't take that long.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

It'll be interesting to read the feedback on this, I think there will be high expectations for this region.  I still have not picked up Southern California even though I own all the other NA regions due to the performance degradation reported, too many reports of low frame rates.  Would be more inclined to buy Germany if the performance reports are positive. 

RE Thomason Jr.

Thanks for heads up. Now the wait until Black Friday to see if Orbx reduces everything by 30% like last year.

own all the other NA regions due to the performance degradation reported, too many reports of low frame rates

I feel like the only reason I recently upgraded hardware was just to get FTX NorCal + FB KSFO to run smoothly.

Thanks for heads up. Now the wait until Black Friday to see if Orbx reduces everything by 30% like last year.

If memory serves, they do run holiday sales but, smartly, they likely won't include anything recent.

Anyone know where the picture in the first post is taken? Would like to fly there when I get the scenery.

And would someone be kind enough to upload a couple of pictures of Finkenwerder (EDHI)? I've seen a couple of it, but too far away to see how much ORBX have improved it.

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

Anyone know where the picture in the first post is taken? Would like to fly there when I get the scenery.

And would someone be kind enough to upload a couple of pictures of Finkenwerder (EDHI)? I've seen a couple of it, but too far away to see how much ORBX have improved it.

These is around the Berlin area.

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

Guest Mik75

7.5 GB download size, wow!

I use Open LC and Vector right now, and although I spent a huge amount of flying time over Germany, I am not sure if I should buy this region. My system is quite old, and I fear that the hit on VAS and performance might me too high.

7.5 GB download size, wow!

I use Open LC and Vector right now, and although I spent a huge amount of flying time over Germany, I am not sure if I should buy this region. My system is quite old, and I fear that the hit on VAS and performance might me too high.

I would assume that if you fly tubes most of the time, then the region is more of a burden than an enhancement. The regions usually are very heavy on fps and VAS. For low and slow flyers it is certainly very nice.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Guest Mik75

I would assume that if you fly tubes most of the time, then the region is more of a burden than an enhancement. The regions usually are very heavy on fps and VAS. For low and slow flyers it is certainly very nice.

You are right! Most of the time, I fly heavy metal, online on IVAO, so I'll probably stay away from super detailed scenery like this.

Although this looks extremely detailed and very well done, I have an aversion to flat landscapes in flightsim. I also only fly tubes so this is a no-go.  But for low/slow flyers in the region, it looks superb.

Although this looks extremely detailed and very well done, I have an aversion to flat landscapes in flightsim. I also only fly tubes so this is a no-go.  But for low/slow flyers in the region, it looks superb.

I also think I will get bored in this region too soon... The south of Germany seems more interesting. I mainly fly low and slow nowadays and always in Norway so my first reaction was 'Nice, something different' but as I said, I think I will bored too soon since it is all generic scenery. Still, I will keep a close eye on upcoming reviews.