Sign in to follow this  
JLuis

FTX EU Germany North Released!

since it is all generic scenery. 

I am afraid these words do a bit injustice to Sascha and his team. I still have to explore most of GEN, but from what I've seen, for me as a German pure GA simmer, it's flightsim heaven compared to OpenLC EU+Vector which I used until now..

I have been waiting for a proper representation of my home country for 5 years now. Just saying, if it's not your coup of tea, that's completely fine of course.

Kind regards, Michael 

• Upvote 2

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Just bought it and took a flight around Hamburg and especially Finkenwerder, and I'm NOT impressed. I know they can't make highly detailed airports in all of North Germany, but I was very dissappointed to see it was just some kind of generic buildings that was used. The same with Hamburg (EDDH), so I hope Aerosoft will make an update to their EDDH at some point. Also I can't find the Koehlbrand Bridge (I believe it's called) even with autogen set to the highest level.

Going to Berlin I found an error with Brandenburg airport where some of the taxiways were covered with grass textures. Maybe it's my setting, then please tell me the proper setup in my scenery library to get it right. I have EU_GEN below FTX libraries.

This is a VERY first impression of it, but I certaintly haven't gotten it to look like the screenshots on the FTX forum YET. I hope it's just a matter of the correct settings and it can be a new destination worth exploring.

I havent regretted buying it, but would really like to see it as it's supossed to look, before I make up my final impression of it.

Jlund

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

I am afraid these words do a bit injustice to Sascha and his team. I still have to explore most of GEN, but from what I've seen, for me as a German pure GA simmer, it's flightsim heaven compared to OpenLC EU+Vector which I used until now..

I have been waiting for a proper representation of my home country for 5 years now. Just saying, if it's not your coup of tea, that's completely fine of course.

Perfectly understandable.  One will see it in different light if it's your home turf.  Everyone wants their home territory in high detail.  I feel the same way about FTX England.  It's beautiful to fly over with great rolling English farmland, but I only choose to fly there very occassionally, as I soon get bored.  Give me mountains and I'm happy

Are the military airbases improved (with shelters etc)?

It would be nice if someone could post a screenshot from Schleschwig Holstein airbase (ETNS),

as I like to  fly the tornado marineflieger variant.

Just to add, here's a screenshot by myself, not by ORBX

FTX_GEN_Berlin_small.jpg

BTW, I actually like flying over FTX England - if only performance. notably over London, would be a touch better.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

FTX England - if only performance. notably over London

yup

Just to add, here's a screenshot by myself, not by ORBX

Which is your LOD setting, Michael? Seems pretty low to me. Nice texture, although I see a lot of generic buildings. But this is probably what we can expect from Orbx regional sceneries (see also FTX England).

I downloaded and installed last night, had no time to test yet, though.

My LOD is 5.5 (Ihe second highest possible in Prepar3d).

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 1

OK, ok, ok, I'll be the first to admit when I'm wrong :-) After doing som sightseeing flights in EU_GEN, I will say it's a really beautiful work FTX have made of creating something that looks like Germany :-) I'm looking forward to explore all of it.

Something tha puzzled me when approaching Eggebek airbase was a windmill placed next to the runway, which looked like it was placed in water, but when I got closer I realized that the airfbase is now closed and filled, and I mean FILLED with solar panels :-)

Just a shame that the approach lights and runway lights is still active, is there any way to remove that?

Another thing, I have Vidans Sønderborg scenery installed, but the EU_GEN airport also shows up and creates double buildings. I have move EKSB above EU_GEN in my scenery library. Any suggestion on how to fix it?

Jorn Lundtoft

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

Hi.

for Sønderborg see here:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/120331-gen-compatibility-with-vidan-design-sonderborg-x/

In fact, they have an impressive compatibility index. 

For issues like the approach lights I think the best you can do is reporting it on the ORBX forum. Sascha Norman already mentioned a SP which should take care of those issues which can be solved (some certainly can't).

Kind regards, Michael

Also I can't find the Koehlbrand Bridge (I believe it's called) even with autogen set to the highest level.

It must be there. Please make sure you have installed the latest ORBX libs which include of ton of POIs for the region (and also some custom hangar buildings to Finkenwerder).

What are the FPS like?? 

For me they didn't change much. I only did a takeoff in the Aerosoft Bus yesterday from EDDH and took a short round trip around Hamburg.

But FPS wise i did not see changes? I had 2 or 3 very short stutters but that was it.

Honestly, I NEVER check my FPS. As long as the sim is smooth, I don't care about numbers. As Stefan also mentions, I had a few stutters, but it seems it's when the scenery changes to a new area where it has to load new autogen.

I do have the latest Libs, so I'll take another flight to Hamburg to see if I have missed it, although such a huge bridge shouldn't be difficult to see.

Jorn Lundtoft

Honestly, I NEVER check my FPS. As long as the sim is smooth

So there are 2 of us that don't check our fps,  with you  cant  see  the point of  it

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg