Sign in to follow this  
signmanbob

Camera Settings when Loading Aircraft

Hello,

I use Opus FSI mainly for the camera options (sometimes I use the weather too), but when I load a new aircraft, I have to select the camera settings that I have for it manually.

Are the camera settings supposed to load with the aircraft?  If they are, I must have something set wrong.

Thank you,

Bob

Hi Bob,

The assigned Default camera view will display automatically so make sure you have assigned one view as the Default and also added that aircraft type to the camera view's assigned aircraft list.

Stephen :-)

Hi Bob,

The assigned Default camera view will display automatically so make sure you have assigned one view as the Default and also added that aircraft type to the camera view's assigned aircraft list.

I'll check that Stephen. It seems like I'm doing that. If they're still not loading correctly, I'll let you know. Thank you for your help.

If using Steam, addon aircraft can be installed in separate locations. So you will have to see about creating an OpusFSI SimObjects text file to declare where the other folders are. Details in the latest OpusFSI Getting Started or User Guides. I think it's in the GS Guide. It's also described in the SimForums announcements topic. You can also read the content of the latest OpusFSI SimObjects Template file which describes what to do, file included with the latest release version.

The above is only applicable if an addon aircraft type(s) does not appear in the OpusFSI aircraft list.

From recent Announcements ...

... The OpusFSI_SimObjects_Template.txt file can now be used for all sim types, see the template file's contents for details and applicability.

It describes copying and renaming the template to create _FSX, _FSE, and _P3D variants for your sim.

SimObject Path Additions

The OpusFSI_SimObjects_Template.txt file can be used to define a list of SimObject paths not currently identified by OpusFSI, normally addon aircraft that have been installed elsewhere and not defined anywhere that OpusFSI checks.

Copy and rename the supplied OpusFSI_SimObjects_Template.txt file. Rename the file as indicated below. OpusFSI will check and process the following sim typed files for the additional path specifications,

OpusFSI_SimObjects_FSX.txt

OpusFSI_SimObjects_FSXSE.txt

OpusFSI_SimObjects_P3D.txt

For backwards compatibility, the file OpusFSI_SimObjects.txt is also checked for 'FSX Steam' sim types.

N.B.

Prepar3D systems should already include a 'simobjects.cfg' file within their common application data (c:\ProgramData) folder. These files are also checked and decoded by OpusFSI so try not to duplicated additional simobject paths in the above text file if used.

Your specified SimObjects folders should each contain the same Airplanes or Rotorcraft sub-folders as the standard SimObjects folder within the sim.

Don't forget to check that any addon folders are shared with adequate sharing and security permissions.

Each path must be entered on a separate line in the form,

Path = <full_path_specification>

For example,

Path = E:\3rd Party\Company_XYZ\SimObjects