Sign in to follow this  

I currently have Python3 installed in my system because its a requirement for ortho4xp 

is there a way to have python v2 and v3 in the same system so that noaa plugin works?

I think yes this was discussed a few pages earlier. I personally have no idea.

Is it out, I haven't seen a link?

It's a WIP build, check your PM. Anybody else wants in?

How do I disable the message window ?

Please check the manual.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

Please check the manual.

Ooops  sorry I had seen but didn't realize that's the one.

Thanks.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

I currently have Python3 installed in my system because its a requirement for ortho4xp 

is there a way to have python v2 and v3 in the same system so that noaa plugin works?

I only have python v2.7.3 installed, and I have no issues running the new version of ortho4xp and NOAA plug-in.

I have posted some screenshots of VS here:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/494989-venturasky-test-big-pictures/

I like that VS indeed offers a consistent look and that performance is better, due to the limited visibility. I like that autogen does not get half-transparent anymore in the distance. I also like the sky colors, but I'm not sure if the included MaxxFX preset is necessary; with it X-Plane loses its relatively bland look (which I like more than the overly saturated look of FSX) and instead looks like a video game. I also think that sometimes the visibility limit looks a bit "hard".

I was not able to fly long enough today to really take notice of the transitions, but I will do that tomorrow. Overall, my first impression is good.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

It's a WIP build, check your PM. Anybody else wants in?

I would like to try the wip beta 4. 

Also for some strange reason the moon was in front of my plane on the last flight but bellow my plane in the fog. 

Don't know the cause of that but figured I would mention it. 

Hi Folks,

The 'now you see it, now you don't' when doing an IMC approach in X plane keeps me away from that type of flying here.

So I'm really keen to give this a go.

I have SMP but not RWC. Is RWC a MUST. I like to set my own weather. Will it work with just SMP?

Many thanks and good luck with this one. Another 'just what we need'.

I would like to try the wip beta 4. 

Also for some strange reason the moon was in front of my plane on the last flight but bellow my plane in the fog. 

Don't know the cause of that but figured I would mention it. 

That's a well known bug, the Moon being displayed that way, already acknowledged ( long ago ) by Ben Supnik, but not yet fixed

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

That Arrow III looks nice! 

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Here's a little preview of the new feature in Beta 4. I will release this as soon as Joan gets NOAA 2.3 out of the door - installation will be drag & drop then then.

Ventura Sky takes control of the RGB values of the raleigh scattering, allowing me to precisely align the color of the haze with the sky colors and the scenery lighting. The algorythm takes note of the current sun angle and applies different scattering values for day, twilight, sunset (these three are pictured below), lowvis and hialt - the transitions are interpolated and thus barely noticeable. Seperating the different phases of the day allows me a more progressive usage of that blue haze everybody is after at daytime, without making twilight situations look off.

If your're an impatient flightsim nerd, PM me to get flying with Beta 4 now.

16nm visibility in West L.A. at 3pm, that certainly seems like the right amount of blue haze there.

b4_1.png?raw=1

It's late in the afternoon now, the haze becomes more subtle.

b4_2.png?raw=1

As the sun is about to set, the haze will warm up to align with the color of the afterglow.

b4_4.png?raw=1

• Upvote 2

-

Super !

Main Simulation Rig:

Just to get a perspective, here's a face-off. Please not that if you want to precisely duplicate this, you need Maxx FX with the Ventura Sky settings. Other than that, it's just X-Plane 10.50, the required plug-ins and HD Mesh.

comparison.png?raw=1

• Upvote 1

-

This script is working beautifully for me however i have a small problem. I get this popup window that won't go away. It says "Ventura Sky Status report and Beta 3" please help. Thanks

IMG_7281.jpg

It's in the manual how to deactivate it. It's broadcasted to the X-Plane dev console (Special > Show Dev Console). You have something else installed that makes it this annoying overlay.

-