Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Sawyer

GTN750, can I get rid of one?

I just bought this plane for P3D 3.2 last night.

I ran the GTN installation program for the plane and I have two 750's.

I don't really want two 750's so I was wondering if there's a way to remove one.

I tried with the Flight1 Configurator but still have two.

They don't cross-talk and I really have no need for two.

When I interact with them on the console, not making them pop up I can put a flight plan in the forward one and it will drive the HSI which is fine and I can put a separate direct-to in the aft one.  It will show the magenta line going to the separate airport.

But when I pop up the aft one is shows the same route as the forward one.  I expect this since there's no crosstalk.

Also, without making them pop up when I activate them the forward unit will give me the TAWS system test OK in the female voice but the aft one will test in the male voice.  Has anyone else seen this?

Why did Carenado design it this way where they are seeming to force me to have two GTN's?

Thanks.

Jack

Jack Sawyer

Your Panel file will have the 530 and the FMC commented out with  //    you can restore one or the other but I doubt the fmc will work, see which one you would rather have in the place of the GTN .  

Your Panel file will have the 530 and the FMC commented out with  //    you can restore one or the other but I doubt the fmc will work, see which one you would rather have in the place of the GTN .  

I'd rather have the 530 and not use it as I don't like FMC's too much.  How would I do this?  Or could I just never turn on the aft 750?  I have a feeling that the 750's caused a major BSOD PC crash last night as this happened when I was flying with the DO and both 750's running.

I saw on Flight1 that this might be a problem.

Thanks.

Jack

Jack Sawyer

In the main folder for the 228  you can install the GTN'S the 530's or the RXP gauges just go in and run the setup for the 530's  and that's what will show up if your having problems .  it changes the .Mdl file to place them.

In the main folder for the 228  you can install the GTN'S the 530's or the RXP gauges just go in and run the setup for the 530's  and that's what will show up if your having problems .  it changes the .Mdl file to place them.

If I do that, won't that remove the 750?

I don't understand this stuff and the way Carenado did it.

I don't see why they didn't simply give us a choice for one or two GTN's like other planes do.

Jack Sawyer

What's even more fun is when you have two voices chiming "Terrain ahead Terrain ahead". 

I'd like to turn one of them off as well. 

Actually what I'd like even more is to be able to click on the 750 to make it pop up just like my A2A and RealAir versions do. (As a new Carenado purchaser of the Shrike and Do228 I gather they don't make 'em work like that).

Yeah this one is tricky,  Hopefully Carenado will fix this , it is annoying to hear 2 call outs  and if you do anything in the panel .cfg  it makes a mess, I will keep looking at it but  who knows at this point, I was just trying to get

a Radar in .  ;-)

What's even more fun is when you have two voices chiming "Terrain ahead Terrain ahead". 

I'd like to turn one of them off as well. 

Actually what I'd like even more is to be able to click on the 750 to make it pop up just like my A2A and RealAir versions do. (As a new Carenado purchaser of the Shrike and Do228 I gather they don't make 'em work like that).

You can click the 750 just above the com freq area and it should pop up.