Sign in to follow this  
JaneRachel

Meet PMDG and Rob Randazzo live at Flight Angels - Win the 747 QOTSII

It is with the greatest of pleasure that I can now unveil to the world that PMDG have partnered with us for the Flight Angels charity live stream event, this coming Saturday 17th September! The event is massive and I mean massive and supports three children charities - visit www.flight-angels.com for details.

We have kept it under wraps, but can now announce that Robert Randazzo will be speaking live on the Saturday at the event, talking news about current and future PMDG releases! He will be taking LIVE questions and answers from the assembled audience, so if you have any questions for Rob and the PMDG team, now is your time to ask - but please remember to donate to the worthy causes.

Of course, PMDG couldn't partner with us without something up their sleeve, so we can also announce through the immense generosity of the entire PMDG team - CUE MAJOR DRUM ROLL - that Robert will also be leading the bidding for not not 1, not 2, but 5 licence keys for the forthcoming PMDG Queen of The Skies II ! - So if you want to win the aircraft and be amongst the FIRST IN THE WORLD to fly this amazing new aircraft, then please join the bidding at Flight Angels!

How do I get there? simply visit www.flight-angels.com where you can view the YouTube live stream directly from the website all day Saturday, hosted by none other than Froogle, Novawing24, Bel Geode, Catstrator and others, along with scores of celebrity guests, prizes and industry support. (Incidentally, America's most decorated fighter pilot Col Doug Champagne who flew the F-16 interception flights on 9/11 will also be on hand and will join RSR for a quick chat live too to chew the aviation fat with him!)

This is simply the BIGGEST charity event ever held in both mainstream aviation and flight sim. Oh did I tell you that Col George Hardy, WW2 Mustang pilot of the Tuskegee airmen is there too on the day! We are incredibly detailed to break open the secret wraps to tell you that PMDG are our official partner in this event! It is a secret that I have been just dying to announce to you all!

visit us at www.flight-angels.com from Midnight Friday 16th UK time (7PM US Eastern) for a full 24 hours of aviation action, meet PMDG, bid to be the first to fly the new 747 (I am excited!) and find out first hand from Captain Randazzo all the news from PMDG!

Oh yes, almost forgot, Rob will be talking to us live from his DC-3, how is that for cool! All engine noises and prop spins are real guys :-) We will be confirming shortly the exact time Robert will be there based on his flight schedule - so watch this space.

Thank you so much to the incredible people at PMDG and thank you all for joining us at the weekend and donating!

PS I am going to say it AGAIN :) WE HAVE FIVE LICENCES OF THE PMDG 747-400 QUEEN OF THE SKIES II ON OFFER DURING ROBERT'S LIVE TALK - need I say more?

Jane Whittaker

• Upvote 3

- Jane Whittaker

people are asking me how do they get involved.

Quite simply on Friday night from 4PM Eastern, midnight UK, just go to www.flight-angels.com and you will automatically see the whole live feed on the screen, including chat window, donation buttons etc. The entire homepage will run the event, its all you have to do to see it, bid and meet Rob Randazzo and all the other guests!

It is ALL you need to do!

that said, there are special workshops on the website, donating to take part in those will get you by email a link that gives you access to the parallel workshop video feed and the opportunity to ask questions of Colonel Doug Champagne (America's most decorated server fighter pilot) who will be doing live demonstrations of the F-16 from the cockpit view! 

So to be clear, the primary event is totally free to watch, just go to the homepage. If you want to attend the F-16 or other workshops, register and donate and you will be given links for those PARALLEL feeds and have full chat access to each workshop. The donate buttons next to each flight leg for the schedule are for those who wish (totally non compulsory) to fly with us on the server, otherwise just watch for free on the homepage the full telethon, guests, giveaways, aviation videos specially made for us, charity videos and the whole works! ALL you need to go is go to www.flight-angels.com over the weekend

• Upvote 1

- Jane Whittaker

This is an important charitable cause.  We have flown many Angel Flights over the years, it is one of the most rewarding experiences you can have as a pilot.

Dan Downs KCRP

I should share the official promo video of how to get there and meet Rob, but its really simple just turn up at www.flight-angels.com and the stream is right there on the page on Saturday (Rob is about to sort the time!)

- Jane Whittaker

No offence intended, but who are you Jane? Are you a programmer, PR person, or lawyer or employed in some other capacity by PMDG? Just curious. I'm sure I've heard your name mentioned before on this forum - I just can't remember.

No offence intended, but who are you Jane? Are you a programmer, PR person, or lawyer or employed in some other capacity by PMDG? Just curious. I'm sure I've heard your name mentioned before on this forum - I just can't remember.

You can find her articles and reviews on PC Pilot magazine every two months. I've flown some of her tutorial flights and always read her addon/hardware reviews. Very helpful. 

• Upvote 1

Ivan Lewis

PMDG B737NGX, B777 and B747v3 QOTS II

You can find her articles and reviews on PC Pilot magazine every two months.

Him, he is an Englishman where Jane is a common male surname. Not employed by PMDG.

Dan Downs KCRP

Him, he is an Englishman where Jane is a common male surname. Not employed by PMDG.

I think this person is a "her" not a "he". Look at the signature. Whittaker is the surname, Jane is the given name.

Yeah, I've been under the impression Jane is a female.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Gents,

I am working out the details with Peter Wright and we (collective we, JR, Pete and/or myself) will throw a note out here as to what we decide upon for a time.

I will be doing Double Charity Duty this weekend, as we will have the DC-3 on display at Washington Dulles International Airport all day Saturday, as part of the Dulles Open House to benefit Special Olympics.  The crew likes to poke fun at my apparently anti-social nature, because while I enjoy moving the DC-3 to various airports for charity events, I tend to shy away from being overly social while on the ground...   Probably a natural offshoot form having spent a good portion of my adult life making presentations and speeches.  Or just a personality quirk.  I'll let you be the judge. 

(Unless "you" is Aaron or Kyle... in which case you don't get a vote!)

Pete and I talked late today, and we are exploring the engineering behind a live broadcast from the DC-3 as we move her from KIAD to her home base at KHEF later in the day on Saturday.  It is a whopping :15 flight if we have a headwind...  but the taxi out provides lots of opportunity for some unique views of the airport and the heavies plying their trade. 

(They may be bigger- but the DC-3 is way cooler...)

We will post more information as we have it.  Stay tuned!

• Upvote 2

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Gents,

I am working out the details with Peter Wright and we (collective we, JR, Pete and/or myself) will throw a note out here as to what we decide upon for a time.

I will be doing Double Charity Duty this weekend, as we will have the DC-3 on display at Washington Dulles International Airport all day Saturday, as part of the Dulles Open House to benefit Special Olympics.  The crew likes to poke fun at my apparently anti-social nature, because while I enjoy moving the DC-3 to various airports for charity events, I tend to shy away from being overly social while on the ground...   Probably a natural offshoot form having spent a good portion of my adult life making presentations and speeches.  Or just a personality quirk.  I'll let you be the judge. 

Pete and I talked late today, and we are exploring the engineering behind a live broadcast from the DC-3 as we move her from KIAD to her home base at KHEF later in the day on Saturday.  It is a whopping :15 flight if we have a headwind...  but the taxi out provides lots of opportunity for some unique views of the airport and the heavies plying their trade. 

(They may be bigger- but the DC-3 is way cooler...)

We will post more information as we have it.  Stay tuned!

Robert, I'd have thought you were a confident talker, given your years of flight deck announcements to passengers? :)

:ph34r:

• Upvote 2

Kyle Rodgers