Sign in to follow this  
JaneRachel

Meet PMDG and Rob Randazzo live at Flight Angels - Win the 747 QOTSII

Can anyone tell me what the five 747's when for in the auctions?  I was going to bid on them but I could never find out how to connect the the 'chat' channel.  No info on the web site that I could find.  I don't do Facebook or Twitter so I couldn't try them.

Thank you for the info in advance.

Ron Oines

Well, I will sleep good tonight knowing that Rob said "Maybe" in a very hinting manner to a possible future 767.

Can anyone tell me what the five 747's when for in the auctions?  I was going to bid on them but I could never find out how to connect the the 'chat' channel.  No info on the web site that I could find.  I don't do Facebook or Twitter so I couldn't try them.

Thank you for the info in advance.

Ron Oines

I only heard the last one, and if I remember correctly it went for $140 ;)

I bagged the last one Ron and let's just say it was dearer than that recently announced Airbus A320.

I was somewhat annoyed at the rather chaotic (or so it seemed) nature of the event.

I tried to find out when the PMDG 747 was being offered and was told it would be within the next couple of minutes, it didn't happen. Later I was told it would be during Robert's interview and given a time which turned out to be ET not UTC or BST.

I stayed tuned for all of Robert's interview until near the end it was announced that the last key would be auctioned. There were 5 keys on offer but I never heard the other 4 being offered although I did sleep for a few hours during the event.

I think it would have been far better to give set times when the big "give aways" would be up for grabs, not everyone can, or wants to, stay up for the whole event.

EDIT: I just hope the amount people were willing to pay for the early key doesn't push up the price PMDG will ask for the release produce.

I think it's fairly safe to assume it will be around the base package of the 777. That's what I budget for anyway ;)

I just watched the livestream on YT, it was really interesting, but RSR's internet connection wasn't up to PMDG standards, so to speak.

Dc6 for FSX/P3D shortly in beta and out in 45 to 60 days from what I understood. PMDG giving release dates, what a time to be alive!

The DC6 release in late november makes me hope for a 747 release at Xmas :) I'm looking forward to that.

Cheers,

Fabrizio

In my experience, RSR is giving his best estimate but I've not seen those estimates stand up against reality.  My advice is to take them with a grain of salt.

Dan Downs KCRP

That goes without saying, Dan. I'm not holding my breath for it. I know how difficult it is to stick to deadlines. It's ready when it's ready and the like.

However, there is one thing I know for sure: the 747 will be amazing and I'm buying on day one, whenever that is :)

Fabrizio Barbierato

CLX319_zps10aeywtl.pngECN0550.png

Does anybody have a list of highlights, news items and interesting information RSR mentioned on stream?

Thanks in advance!

Henk de Vries

Does anybody have a list of highlights, news items and interesting information RSR mentioned on stream?

Thanks in advance!

One interesting note is he mentioned the possibility of the NGX getting an update and coming to X-Plane as part of that process.

It was a very interesting talk. Highlights for me:

1. DC-6 for FSX/P3D within two months likely.

2. NGX likely to be updated with the new tech used in the 747 and 777. Superb that its going to be refreshed.

3. Something else bubbling away in the background. Maybe.

Whenever i listen to Robert providing updates, I do get a renewed sense of appreciation for what it takes to deliver the final product. Amazing stuff.  Amazing team

Hope the ngx update will include fixed cockpit geometry. Listening to Randazzo in that video talk about every last screw and switch must be modelled to perfection, and all the while i’m staring at a windscreen that doesn’t resemble a 737 in anyway.

I also heard very briefly a sort of Maybe to a 757/767 being developed which if it is happening excellent and about time!!!,

Peter Graves

Kalgoorlie, WA