Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

FSRecorder replacement?

I think LM have to work in a diferent recorder or a different replay system. I don't like the sound of engines when you are seeing a replay video.

Absolutely agree.  A good playback utility should be an inherent part of the sim - especially as the platform has been designed with training as its aim.

• Upvote 1

Not sure if this is a replacement for FSRecorder or not, but it looks like it could be.  If anyone has taken the plunge, I'd be keen on opinions.

i tried it out, at 15 euros i figured i wouldnt have too many regrets..

so far i did two flights, one with the mann/visser c-47 and one with the pmdg 737-700.

it seemed pretty stable and reloaded the aircraft positions and stuff correctly and played their flight paths back pretty well.

however, it didn't really seem to be manipulating the control surfaces during playback, some things worked and some didn't, like the pmdg ailerons, flaps and speedbrakes did not animate.. but the gear extension, and the spoilers popping to full on landing did work.

i need to experiment with it more before i can really say one way or another if i would recommend it. there are some configuration options i havent' really explored, so i'm not sure if the control surfaces stuff should work and i'm not doing it right ,or if it is related to non-default aircraft using stuff it doesn't record with their animations, or what.  it actually seems pretty nicely polished in general. also, and i must stress this as a main point, i only tried it in fsx-steam, and not p3d, so it may be slightly off-topic for this forum, but hopefully it is useful information for somebody.

cheers

-andy crosby

i tried it out, at 15 euros i figured i wouldnt have too many regrets..

so far i did two flights, one with the mann/visser c-47 and one with the pmdg 737-700.

Andy, thanks very much for your feedback. Very useful. I might give it a go myself based on your feedback. Can I just confirm that the playback itself is smooth (movie like) - and doesn't have any of the jerky/stuttery movements that the FSX/P3D playback functions have?

I have contacted the developer of the new recorder utility FSControlReplay.  He said that he hasn't specifically tested it on PMDG aircraft but is willing to look at it further if I wanted.    I said he probably would have a few takers if he did.  We'll see what happens.

Can I just confirm that the playback itself is smooth (movie like) - and doesn't have any of the jerky/stuttery movements that the FSX/P3D playback functions have?

it seems the position updates are based frames in the sim when it is recording. mostly looked quite smooth.. but when i had stutters in the sim i could see the playback positions also update in a stuttery fashion. this was mainly noticeable in the 1sec pause i get when i get near an airport and fsx:se cleans up its memory. i want to try the 'automatic' speed setting and try at 30 and 60 sampling rates to compare, so far i just set it at 60.

i havent tried the fsx playback in so long i can't remember it to make a comparision haha. i'll give it a look later this week when i have a chance.

another issue i noticed is that trying to fraps during playback of the flight had an unusually low framerate. the playback was basically the same or slightly better than my normal frames in the sim, but with fraps on it dropped in half, not really sure why, as i do not see anywhere close to the same drop when i use fraps normally.

mainly i'm still trying to figure out if the control surfaces are supposed to animate or if it's just a setup problem on my end. i may have to email the dev again, seems to be responding to people's questions but didn't answer my support queries yet heh

cheers

-andy crosby

For anyone who is interested....

I contacted Fabio Merlo, the maker of Flight Control Replay and asked whether he would be able to add animations for PMDG aircraft.      He emailed me this morning and said that he had updated the utility to record animations on the PMDG aircraft as well.  

I will be trying it out this weekend.  Seems like we might finally have a FSRecorder contender.

erich

Thanks Erich, excellent news! ;-)

For whatever reason I can't use keyboard shortcuts with FCR.

It simply doesn't work even after disconnecting/reconnecting.

Any clue someone?

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

I contacted Fabio Merlo, the maker of Flight Control Replay and asked whether he would be able to add animations for PMDG aircraft.      He emailed me this morning and said that he had updated the utility to record animations on the PMDG aircraft as well.  

I will be trying it out this weekend.  Seems like we might finally have a FSRecorder contender.

erich

That sounds great

Seems i also gonna have to look into it . Is there also Recording playback as AI traffic ?

So you can follow yourself in an aircraft for instance ?

FSFX is proberly not supported during playback

UPS!

is it 3.4 ready ?

Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Michael Moe, on 23 Sept 2016 - 09:43 AM, said:

Is there also Recording playback as AI traffic ?

I've just asked Fabio about this and he responded by saying it is a feature that will be added in the coming months.

Can it do the one thing that FSRecorder was sooooooo cool for...?  Can it record one flight, while also replaying one or more previously recorded flights?

This was BRILLIANT!

erich

Please let us know how your test turn out to be. I'm really interested in this new recorder. We need a good recorder for P3D .

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

Can it do the one thing that FSRecorder was sooooooo cool for...?  Can it record one flight, while also replaying one or more previously recorded flights?
This was BRILLIANT!

Phil, he said it currently doesn't have that funtionality yet, but it will be added by December.

"Shadowplay" is in quotes because I also own DXstory and Fraps; both of which provided me with unacceptable frame rate loss, on my previously mediocre I-7 2600K/GTX 770 flying machine.

Same here. A total waste of money.

Phil, he said it currently doesn't have that funtionality yet, but it will be added by December.

Brilliant;-)