Sign in to follow this  
aarque

Changing Title Page

Placing a pinned endorsement above File Library News signals a departure from the old Avsim. It appears Avsim may have abandoned it's roots and is shifting focus on what type service it provides to the community. It seems to be encouraging commerce, even though it has arguably the worlds largest repository of community shared files; what a burden, eh? The file library may be stagnant, but I don't see any pins encouraging amateurs, novices or grass roots developers to upload new files, or learn how to create content. 

Rick Keller

When you enter the Library, you will get information on how to upload new files.  I do not know what you mean by a departure from the old AVSIM.  I am a moderator and I can pin a topic with any subject anywhere on AVSIM.  If you have an issue with my ability to pin or place topics, please PM me.  This topic is locked.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Placing a pinned endorsement above File Library News signals a departure from the old Avsim. It appears Avsim may have abandoned it's roots and is shifting focus on what type service it provides to the community. It seems to be encouraging commerce, even though it has arguably the worlds largest repository of community shared files; what a burden, eh? The file library may be stagnant, but I don't see any pins encouraging amateurs, novices or grass roots developers to upload new files, or learn how to create content. 

I have read your comments again and again and believe there was some confusion I had as I had just posted pinned topics in the FSX and P3D forums asking for more volunteers to work in the AVSIM Library as Library Managers. I was assuming your were posting a topic about my actions to pin an ad asking for more volunteers to apply.  It is why I got a bit upset with your topic and locked it immediately.  

The advertisement above the Library News in the AVSIM Library is AVSIM's contribution to a charity being put on by Flight Angels.  We have rightly placed the banner on every page of AVSIM in order to advertise this charitable event.  We have many other advertisements on this page too as we do throughout AVSIM.  Many members simply sign in to the AVSIM Library and never sign in to the main site and the forums.  Those ads will not be removed as it was a decision by the CEO and the Board of Directors to advertise throughout AVSIM and the AVSIM Library is part of AVSIM.

I apologize for the confusion.

• Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Jim, it is great that Avsim is supporting such an event!! Well done!

From my point of view, as an avid FS2004 supporter, yes, there are quite a few of us out here, ....

I check the library every day & always find something new or of intetest to me, & I'm sure, a lot of others, so the library is certainly NOT stagnant, on the contrary, very active, with new developers popping up quite often.

And yes, there are some of us that just look at the forums, & others that just look at what's new. To each his own,& nothing wrong with that. We can take whatever we want out of our Avsim experience.

Thanks all.

Cheers,

Robin 

• Upvote 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Rick , its been my policy to always have the library files on top of the Avsim Front Page , why ?  because I wish to have the file library take precedence over all payware promotions and to advance the work of our library contributors, the privilege of hosting their work has been my morning focus for a decade.

On occasion an event or important Notam takes priority over my normal placement format on the Front Page , this is one of those occasions, Flight Angels is a charitable event of some magnitude, quite possibly the largest charitable Flight Simulation event ever held and promoting this is very much an indication of where Avsims heart lies . We are honored to support a cause like Flight Angels in the way we can, that being to spread the word.   

Once the event is over I shall return the Library Files to their position atop our Front Page, until then note they are still positioned above Payware Products.

C Jodry

Managing Editor

Avsim.com

• Upvote 1