Sign in to follow this  
lennie

Flying around Alaska...

Hi Folks

Can't believe that i had never flown in Alaska. Saw a TV special and last night took a short hop from PANC to PAAQ. So nice I am going to invest in ORBX Alaska soon! If you fly a lot in Alaska, please recommend a couple very scenic routes. Not over 60 min, as us older folks need a potty break! I don't have a bush plane, will use the A2A 182 or the B55 Baron, so keep it to asphalt r/w please!

Suggestions greatly appreciated!

Lennie G.

in North Carolina

Lennie,

I am on Xplane and used to do a lot of bush flights in Alaska / Canada but it was random.

I would suggest Icy Bay / Juneau areas at least these are fun, try Goose Bay. From Icy Bay head over the mountains and I think you come to Denali National Park. Quite a few routes I think, Check a youtube  video on P3d about a flight in Alaska I think it is called as Relaxing flight in Alaska and the pilot has shown a full route and it was good.

BTW the Maule in FSX is excellent and it's bush plane

Hope this helps.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

I fly a lot in Alaska. A few suggestions. Plenty to see. There are short flights and long flights in there, so choose you a/c accordingly.

Happy flying.

PAHO - PANC

PANC - PAJN

PAGS - PAJN

PAKT - PANC

PAYA - PANC

PAFA - PANC

PANC - PADQ

PADU - PADQ

PADU - PANC

Pierre

Thanks, that should keep me busy for several weeks!!

Thanks, that should keep me busy for several weeks!!

If you are flying smaller aircraft, then Birchwood PABV makes for a great base of operations, much better than flying in and out of PANC anyway. PAVD is also a great destination and normally where I fly from, great scenery between the two and a relatively short flight.

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

If you want to visit Alaska go to the page of "return to misty moorings"

They have a lot of flights from airports to the remote areas but also to asphalt or concrete landing strips. And if you are still on FSX you can use the good old Beaver to discover some places you have dreamed of. ..

IXEG 737 Beta-Tester and First Officer

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker
X-Plane 11 latedt version on a Samsung M.2 SSD for speedy loading times

The Carenado C185 SkyWagon Bush is a good little package. It includes 4 models for Ski, Tundra and Floats for only $19.95

http://www.carenado.com/CarSite/Portal/index.php

Great one for bush flying and a great price for what you get.

+1 For bush flying it's great

IXEG 737 Beta-Tester and First Officer

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker
X-Plane 11 latedt version on a Samsung M.2 SSD for speedy loading times

Thanks everyone!! Now I'll head out to Alaska!

Hi Folks

Can't believe that i had never flown in Alaska. Saw a TV special and last night took a short hop from PANC to PAAQ. So nice I am going to invest in ORBX Alaska soon! If you fly a lot in Alaska, please recommend a couple very scenic routes. Not over 60 min, as us older folks need a potty break! I don't have a bush plane, will use the A2A 182 or the B55 Baron, so keep it to asphalt r/w please!

Suggestions greatly appreciated!

Lennie G.

in North Carolina

Just to let you know I have a virtual Airlie based uo there that flies everything from C182s,Barons,King Airs ect flying charter to 747s hauling freight check us out http://cascadiaaviation.enjin.com

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.