Sign in to follow this  
barrel_owl

Version 1.1 released

CARENADO DO228 100 HD SERIES FSX/P3D VERSION 1.1 RELEASED!

Also, as requested by our pilots, please check out this new video below for a detailed start-up procedure for our DODO.

https://youtu.be/6McMLrxeYbw

V1.1 Fixes and improvements:

- Info screen fixed to show correctly.
- Synchro Phaser implemented.
- Repainting issues fixed.
- Oil temperature indication fixed.
- Minor bug fixes.

Customers should download the package again from the link provided.

You should uninstall the aircraft before installing this new version.

Truly a culmination of all their experiences to date! I know a lot of people complain about buggy releases, but compared to their earlier models, each release gets better and better.

• Upvote 1

Has anyone else noticed what appears to be a red strobe light flickering left to right and right to left across the windscreen?

Jack Sawyer

Love the DO228 ... if anyone is interested in a challenging fuel flight, I recommend EGPB to ENJA (add your favorite weather engine) ... there is no alternate so once you commit, sink or land.

Cheers, Rob.

Rob, in P3D, in both the original and version 1.1 have you seen after a while the red strobe light reflected in the windscreen?  It's nice they fixed a few bugs and got the synchronizer to work but that red strobe bugs me.

Jack Sawyer

have you seen after a while the red strobe light reflected in the windscreen?

Yes I have, but I think that is how it is real world ... see video strobe is top center and also under nose

So I would imagine it would reflect into the cockpit some.  But, just curious, do you have Dynamic Reflections enabled in P3D?

Cheers, Rob.

Hmm, running V1.1 of the Dornier with stock instrumentation, from Orbx Friday Harbour KFHR to KSEA over Orbx PNW and US LC, and I've just had my first ever P3D OOM.

All my previous flights in 1.0 were with the GTN750, and I had upwards of 1.7GB free at the start of my flights. I'm also running AS16/ASCA at 1024 DXT textures, GSX and FSUIPC.

Edit: A bit more testing and it seems I have more like 860MB with PNW loaded, and the 1.7GB relates more to all my flying around the rather more sparsely populated NZSI/NI ORBX scenery.

It's not clear but you need to redownload the initial installer from Carenado. It's not listed as an update.

Just redownload it from your account.   That the 1.1. version

Real Deraps

Hmm, running V1.1 of the Dornier with stock instrumentation, from Orbx Friday Harbour KFHR to KSEA over Orbx PNW and US LC, and I've just had my first ever P3D OOM.

All my previous flights in 1.0 were with the GTN750, and I had upwards of 1.7GB free at the start of my flights. I'm also running AS16/ASCA at 1024 DXT textures, GSX and FSUIPC.

Edit: A bit more testing and it seems I have more like 860MB with PNW loaded, and the 1.7GB relates more to all my flying around the rather more sparsely populated NZSI/NI ORBX scenery.

That area is a known frame eater with FTX PNW+FTX LC NA+FTX KFHR installed. Things get even worse if you have additional Orbx sceneries installed, such as KORS etc.

No workaround, this is hardly due to the Do228, it is the same story with any payware aircraft. Just use lower your settings. Same thing here with FSX Steam. 

If you're taking off from KFHR, in some cases it may help to load a light aircraft like the Trike and then your aircraft of choice. You main get some KB of VAS more. But the area is really heavy.

Yes I have, but I think that is how it is real world ... see video strobe is top center and also under nose

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVeEQiP2Nvc

So I would imagine it would reflect into the cockpit some.  But, just curious, do you have Dynamic Reflections enabled in P3D?

Cheers, Rob.

Not sure Rob, I'll get back to you on it as I'm not at the PC right now. But one thing for sure, real or not it's annoying so I fly with the strobe off now. And what's odd is it only happens on landing it seems. At altitude it doesn't do it.

I work real aircraft in real life and have never seen this. I don't see how those lights could posibly refelect like this, the one on top would throw its light directly ahead and not to the windscreen, the bottom one in under the nose so it would seem to be blocked from the cokpit. I could be wrong but unless I see video from a real cockpit showing this I think it's a bug.

Jack Sawyer

My Carenado account does not show it as being updated.  My link appears to be V1.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3