Sign in to follow this  
barrel_owl

Version 1.1 released

My Carenado account does not show it as being updated.  My link appears to be V1.

The download Zip file has the same name, the new installation file is DO100Xv1.1.exe

bob

That area is a known frame eater with FTX PNW+FTX LC NA+FTX KFHR installed. Things get even worse if you have additional Orbx sceneries installed, such as KORS etc.

No workaround, this is hardly due to the Do228, it is the same story with any payware aircraft. Just use lower your settings. Same thing here with FSX Steam. 

If you're taking off from KFHR, in some cases it may help to load a light aircraft like the Trike and then your aircraft of choice. You main get some KB of VAS more. But the area is really heavy.

Thanks a lot for the feedback. I wasn't expressly pointing the finger at the Dornier, although I was a bit suspicious the way VAS was dwindling so so rapidly.

I've done some more testing and it really does feel that with a 4970K at stock 4.0/4.4Ghz and a 970 that PNW/LC/Vector/Global/Friday Harbour etc is death by a thousand cuts. No one single setting or tweak will restore frame rates or memory, rather they all take a little here and a little there. If anything it just seems like the basic PNW/LC/Global/Vector geometry and texture data is so big that base frame rate performance takes a hit across the board.

(I did buy a 1070 to try to alleviate some of the anti aliasing load from all the AS16 clouds and SGSS, but the damn thing gives me headaches for some unknown reason so I've been unable to use it).

Dynamic Reflections are off, slider full left.

Ok good, there was a bug with DR which has been fixed that could have presented itself as a red strobe like effect.  

PNW/LC/Vector/Global/Friday Harbour etc is death by a thousand cuts

This is a difficult region to fly in with many add-ons, visually stunning, but I often call PNW, SoCal, and NorCal the valley of stutters and short flights.  When I fly these regions I must reduce my graphics settings ... usually I turn off all AI (aircraft, road, boat), turn off Terrain shadow cast, drop Texture cap down to 2048 or 1024, and turn off all Vector settings especially with a Region active.

Cheers, Rob.

Downloaded the file from my Carenado account, there is no reference that its been updated, at least at this time, but sure enough when you extract the file, named exactly as the original, its v1.1.  Who would have thunk.

cheers, new version installed, happy camper again.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

This is a difficult region to fly in with many add-ons, visually stunning, but I often call PNW, SoCal, and NorCal the valley of stutters and short flights.  When I fly these regions I must reduce my graphics settings ... usually I turn off all AI (aircraft, road, boat), turn off Terrain shadow cast, drop Texture cap down to 2048 or 1024, and turn off all Vector settings especially with a Region active.

Cheers, Rob.

Good to know. Thanks for the insights. I've not flown much in PNW - it's clearly vastly heavier with all the extras than where I usually do most of my flying around my home territories of NZNI & SI.

Has anyone else noticed what appears to be a red strobe light flickering left to right and right to left across the windscreen?

Hey Jack

Yes I think I have seen this too (using v1.1). Seems more like a small red dot alternating on / off around centre of windscreen. It's subtle but it must be some kind of bug. I'll have to look at it to see if it's always there or just under select conditions. And is it connected to strobe or beacon for you?

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

Hey Jack

Yes I think I have seen this too (using v1.1). Seems more like a small red dot alternating on / off around centre of windscreen. It's subtle but it must be some kind of bug. I'll have to look at it to see if it's always there or just under select conditions. And is it connected to strobe or beacon for you?

Hello Purr, and thanks for replying.

Yes, it is as you describe perfectly.

It's seems to be connected to the red beacon and it's is not always present, it only seems to be annoying when in a descent towards landing but it's enough to be very annoying.  To the point that it would make me sick.  I know that sounds crazy but it's flashing light across the windscreen.  I too think this is a bug.

Jack Sawyer

Hey, Folks,

Just a small tip here:

In regard to figuring out which version is available with Carenado, just go to the product page. It is usually shown there. You won't find it on your download page.

Tom

Hey, Folks,

Just a small tip here:

In regard to figuring out which version is available with Carenado, just go to the product page. It is usually shown there. You won't find it on your download page.

Tom

Yes Tom, that's the way to check for updates. thanks for the tip.

bob

The only thing that will give life to this plane is a good power plant modeled, but carenado fails again.... and this time not for fault of the modeling of FSX, When the start locks in the Garrett is activate the power lever can go up and down with NOT restrictions, i hear cases when pilots can take off when the stats locks ON, (obviusly that its wrong).

But in the Garrett of carenado alabeo the power lever cant move if the start locks is activated.... this is sooooooooo false and irreal........ sadly this same garrett will be on the C441,.....

Aerosoft Bronco and Razbam SA227 they do a well garrett ....... even flysimware do it too ........ (even with the limitations of FSX)....

Hope carenado read this... hope they make more efforts to make a garrett better ...... no only eye candy....... if they can do it... better keep on pistons...... simple as that...

Im a pilot with hours with garrett ... so .... hope carenado.... hear this ..... 

I think that was just Carenado's way of simulating lack of torque when trying to takeoff with the start locks. You forgot to mention the PMDG J41 also models the Garrett TPE331.

More obvious things are that EGT/ITT is not modelled correctly (reducing condition/prop rpm whilst maintaining thrust/torque should make ITT shoot up. Also I believe use of some anti-ice measure should similarly make ITT rise). The start sequence is far too quick (there's a video on YouTube that shows it takes at least half a minute and you don't press the enrich until quite late on in the start cycle).

On the avionics side of things, no IAS hold, boo! And I'm fairly sure VS mode is suppose to capture the existing VS, not default to 1000, although I could be wrong.

Not sure if anyone in the community would be able to fix those gripes? In terms of how it flies I've no experience of the real thing so couldn't say, seems nice enough.

Overall it doesn't seem bad, was very surprised but glad that they made an effort to model the Garretts. As someone else said, probably their most accomplished release to date.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg