Sign in to follow this  
darqen27

Engine gauges constantly bouncing around

I have had this constant problem. The BMEP and MAP gauges all bouce around. If you zoom in and directly observe them, they stop boucing around and read one number, then when you zoom out they start boucing around and read another number. This effects the flight and fuel of the plane. It also causes sudden surges and engine damage. This is the most intrusive bug there is. I would like to know if others have this bug.

It is not an engine problem. There are no measures that fix it.

It is not an engine problem. There are no measures that fix it.

I'm not entirely convinced based on what you have written in the previous paragraph. Have you opened up the maintenance manager to check for issues? Are you using the AFE to ensure that you are following the proper procedures? What other addons are you using? Do you have any conflicting axes on your hardware?

Kyle Rodgers

I'm not entirely convinced based on what you have written in the previous paragraph. Have you opened up the maintenance manager to check for issues? Are you using the AFE to ensure that you are following the proper procedures? What other addons are you using? Do you have any conflicting axes on your hardware?

No addon's. No hardware. I checked everywhere. I have 300 hours. I have tried and checked everything. I waited this long to make sure it wasnt anything else.

With X-plane, I am confident I have checked everything else. This is a bug with your plane. Not with the user.

No addon's. No hardware. I checked everywhere. I have 300 hours. I have tried and checked everything. I waited this long to make sure it wasnt anything else.

You don't have hardware at all?

You have 300 hours in the DC-6 in XPL and have waited through 300 hours to bring this issue up?

Please don't treat me like I don't know what I am doing.

While I somewhat understand where you're coming from, part of my job depends on me assuming people don't know what they're doing. A good number of the tickets we get are the simple things. The best place to start is the ground up...specifically in cases where people are not clear about what they have, or have not done.

In the future, in order to avoid anyone from any sort of support starting at zero, be as absolutely specific as possible.

Kyle Rodgers

You don't have hardware at all?

You have 300 hours in the DC-6 in XPL and have waited through 300 hours to bring this issue up?

While I somewhat understand where you're coming from, part of my job depends on me assuming people don't know what they're doing. A good number of the tickets we get are the simple things. The best place to start is the ground up...specifically in cases where people are not clear about what they have, or have not done.

In the future, in order to avoid anyone from any sort of support starting at zero, be as absolutely specific as possible.

My hardware is a xbox controller. No reverse on those. I have unplugged it to see if it was the cause, no dice.

For about 50 hours it was reduced(on and off, not completely) and I forgot about it. Then it came back. It was one of the first bugs I noticed, but there was also a mention of gauges in the patches so i thought it was also an issue that was being worked out. 

My hardware is a xbox controller. No reverse on those. I have unplugged it to see if it was the cause, no dice.

For about 50 hours it was reduced(on and off, not completely) and I forgot about it. Then it came back. It was one of the first bugs I noticed, but there was also a mention of gauges in the patches so i thought it was also an issue that was being worked out. 

I wouldn't exactly call this a bug. I'd call this more of an incompatible hardware issue. I doubt you're going to find people in the sim community who have designed their products to work specifically with an XBOX controller.

What axis is being used for throttle?

Kyle Rodgers

I wouldn't exactly call this a bug. I'd call this more of an incompatible hardware issue. I doubt you're going to find people in the sim community who have designed their products to work specifically with an XBOX controller.

What axis is being used for throttle?

None. Keyboard is assigned to throttles. I only use the controller for the yoke and rudders. everything else is keyboard flown

None. Keyboard is assigned to throttles. I only use the controller for the yoke and rudders. everything else is keyboard flown

Can you confirm that you've removed (set to "none/nothing" for XPL) any of the additional axes on the controller? The triggers may also appear as axes, and XPL will attempt to assign something for just about all axes.

Kyle Rodgers

Can you confirm that you've removed (set to "none/nothing" for XPL) any of the additional axes on the controller? The triggers may also appear as axes, and XPL will attempt to assign something for just about all axes.

The only two axis assigned are triggers to rudders(not the bumpers) and the left stick is assigned to the yoke.

Left and right bumpers are assigned to differential brakes.

Start button is assigned to landing gear. Directional pad is assigned to flaps on right/left and trim on up/down.

The only two axis assigned are triggers to rudders(not the bumpers) and the left stick is assigned to the yoke.

Left and right bumpers are assigned to differential brakes.

Start button is assigned to landing gear. Directional pad is assigned to flaps on right/left and trim on up/down.

Thanks. I just had one of our guys try using his controller with his PC and he's reporting that all controls are smooth unless you're attempting to use one of the trigger axes as a throttle, but that's related to muscle twitch. I had him try to use key commands, axes, duplicate axes, and the like, and it all worked without issue. There's something else at play here.

Kyle Rodgers

If you zoom in and directly observe them, they stop boucing around and read one number, then when you zoom out they start boucing around and read another number.

This is really weird. I'm not sure how a difference in zoom can affect anything in the simulation unless the control you use for zooming is involved in a control axis.

Dan Downs KCRP

This is really weird. I'm not sure how a difference in zoom can affect anything in the simulation unless the control you use for zooming is involved in a control axis.

Quantum physics dictates that anything observed can change its state(Like observed particles, are they waves or not).

:P Other then that I can not explain it.

The zoom used it the mouse scroll zoom.

This might be a dumb question from someone who doesn't own X-plane or the amazing DC-6 (what? You say?). No.  :sorry:

However, I'm just throwing ideas in as a rank outsider which may help fellow simmers out there whatever they fly.

darqen, have you installed any new graphics drivers recently? Anything else new on your PC, not necessarily related to the sim or the plane, but perhaps something which might be taking away PC horsepower, so the sim doesn't run as well as it did?

Thanks for your time guys!  :hi:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

This might be a dumb question from someone who doesn't own X-plane or the amazing DC-6 (what? You say?). No.  :sorry:

However, I'm just throwing ideas in as a rank outsider which may help fellow simmers out there whatever they fly.

darqen, have you installed any new graphics drivers recently? Anything else new on your PC, not necessarily related to the sim or the plane, but perhaps something which might be taking away PC horsepower, so the sim doesn't run as well as it did?

Thanks for your time guys!  :hi:

I'm running an system overclocked to 4.5ghz. 16gb ram 2133 and a 970gtx graphics card.

The sim runs capped at 60 fps

I can assure you this is not a bug... I've zoomed in quite close during testing when collecting numbers for various reasons.  No one else has reported this, and I for one am very interested in what you find. Keep us posted please.

Dan Downs KCRP