Sign in to follow this  
darqen27

Engine gauges constantly bouncing around

I published a video in the other thread. My video clearly shows the gauges and their actions. Please feel free to watch this video.

I am guessing this will never get looked at fixed, it has been almost a month since I posted the proof of the MAJOR bugs here.

I am getting sick and tired of ENGINE DAMAGE DUE TO OVERBOOSTING on takeoff

This is not realistic, and obviously PMDG cares not about updating these major bugs.

I am guessing this will never get looked at fixed, it has been almost a month since I posted the proof of the MAJOR bugs here.

I am getting sick and tired of ENGINE DAMAGE DUE TO OVERBOOSTING on takeoff

This is not realistic, and obviously PMDG cares not about updating these major bugs.

Justin,

This is not a bug. It's either a hardware incompatibility, or some other type of plugin or axis interaction. The vast majority of the users here (and in general) use some sort of "normal" hardware. That hardware is, of course, compatible with our aircraft. Using non-standard hardware such as an XBOX controller - which I believe you are using - is going to get you odd results because it was not built to be used in flight simulators. Moreover, even when I disconnect my throttle and use keyboard commands for throttle, I'm not seeing this issue. One of our modelers didn't see this issue (to include when he plugged an XBOX controller in and tried it that way). Dan (page 1) doesn't see the issue, from what I recall. And the lead on the DC-6 didn't see the issue. Apart from that, perhaps it's a plugin causing the issue.

Of course we care about updating bugs. I'm sitting here in the latest build of the DC-6 doing EXACTLY that. You've gotten more attention from more of the team than most others around here because I took a couple of the devs aside individually to test out all kinds of things just to try and reproduce your situation. We want to find issues with our products and fix them. None of us have been able to do it. If it were an actual bug, one would imagine that other users would have popped in to note that they're having the issue as well, which they - curiously - have not. Moreover, if you spent half as much time helping us troubleshoot by trying all kinds of different things and letting us know, as you do taking shots at us in the forum, we might've come to some sort of resolution for you, but you haven't. We can't see the issue here. You're the only one who has the issue, so you're the only one who can help us understand the situation on your computer that is causing it. So far, you haven't done that.

Help us help you.

Kyle Rodgers

Not trying to sound like an A. I just have been using it for about 450 hours. If you want my assessment or maybe you could offer me a beta team access. I have references for beta and alpha(even pre-alpha) testing.

I have disconnected the XBOX controller and used only my joystick, I still get the same problems(But i can use reversers!)

Maybe something in my system specs.

I5-2500K @ 4.5ghz, Asus 970GTX overclocked, 16GB ram, also overclocked.

2 monitors, one 60 inch vizio for the flight sim and my aux monitor for watching hulu.

This problem existed when I had my 570gtx and upgraded it.

Only plugins are FSeconomy, Xsquawkbox, CIVA and Ground services

I just installed the HD meshes for north america(But this has no effecf, the problem was prior)

I am running the latest version of Nvidia drivers. in fact all drivers are up to date.

I have taken my own mearsures to cease this problem, but nothing has effected it other then turning weather off and reducing graphics. I notice it jumps the most in areas with lots of buildings.

My system can handle x-plane @ moderate high setttings for about 40 - 60 fps in normal areas and about 25 fps in areas like new york or atlanta

If you want my assessment or maybe you could offer me a beta team access. I have references for beta and alpha(even pre-alpha) testing.

Honestly, so far, you've offered absolutely nothing in this thread that would make me want to do that for you. Part of being on the beta team is offering meaningful feedback for actionable response. We can't have the devs trying to drag information out of you. So far, I've had to do that this entire time.

I have disconnected the XBOX controller and used only my joystick, I still get the same problems(But i can use reversers!)

So it's something else on your machine - plugins, or settings - that is causing the issue.

Again: help me help you here. Give me as much data as you can. Heck, pretend you're applying for a beta tester job.

Kyle Rodgers

I have offered a lot of insightful information regarding the performance of this plane.

I have no interest in continuing with this thread now. Obviously I am wasting my time.

Way to go PMDG. I wont buy any more products.

Do you use the aux monitor at the same time as flying the sim? If so, could that action of streaming video interfere with the sim?

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

I have offered a lot of insightful information regarding the performance of this plane.

You really haven't. You offered no real information other than "I've tried everything" (without stating specifics), and "this is a bug," despite my best efforts to drag more information out of you.

I have no interest in continuing with this thread now. Obviously I am wasting my time.

Way to go PMDG. I wont buy any more products.

You cannot pin this on us. I've clearly been in here attempting to get the necessary information from you to help us possibly help you. As early as post #4 I asked you to be as specific as possible, and as early as post #2, it was clear that I needed much more detail. I continued to ask for detail and none was provided. Your failure to provide us extra information is not our fault.

Sorry. This one's on you.

If at some point you decide that you'd like us to help you, please come back with some amount of detail about your situation: plugins, addons, what you've tried specifically, the hardware you're using, and so on. This discussion is only as valuable as the value that you put into it.

Kyle Rodgers

Hello darqen27

Have you already tried if deleting the X-Plane preference files helped remediating the issue?

Regards

Nik Schild