Sign in to follow this  
tman41291

Activation issue

I'll start by saying I've searched far and wide and literally have tried every piece advice I've found, that being said, clearly none have worked for me. I have zero issues before, flew 15 flights with both my 738 and 777F, I had a couple times the activation window popped up but I hit cancel and kept flying. Now the only thing that has changed is adding mytraffic 6 and a Windows update or 2. Now every single time I select 777 or 737 I get the activation window pop up, I enter the key and get the server can't be reached, and if I try to go in without regards to that message, I can't click anything in the cockpit.

Things I've tried:

Disabled firewall

Disabled AV

opened port 8888( even tho firewall is off)

Run as administrator

Turned every service on (ugh)

Flex net service is running

Restarted 7000 times (just a stupid at Witt ends solution for me)

I really hope someone has a fix, I refuse to fly default aircraft now lol. Thanks in advance

Signed,

Tyler Sexton

Tyler Sexton

See this thread - http://www.avsim.com/topic/494969-pmdg-777-activation-error/. I believe a solution will be posted shortly in the linked thread.

Ive read that before, I have done the whole port 8888 solution, but have had no luck. I had zero issues before, same exact connection I have been running on. The issue I am trying to figure out is why all of a sudden it is having an issue if the network has never been the issue before...

From that thread it looks like this update that just came out for windows has messed with a few peoples activation.

Tyler Sexton

I really hope someone has a fix, I refuse to fly default aircraft now lol. Thanks in advance

Try now.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

Signed,

Tyler Sexton

You need to sign all posts in PMDG Forums, Signing the first post of a thread is not enough - http://www.avsim.com/topic/458101-guidelines-for-participation-in-the-pmdg-forum-please-read/.

Set it up so that is done automatically. Click on your user name in upper right corner, click on My Profile, click on Edit My Profile, click on Signature, in Edit Signature enter your first and last name, click save and your name will be on all of your posts.

Hi-

I am completely lost... I have tried all of the fixes in these threads and am having the same issue.

I couldn't find a fix here in this thread, so I am just going to ask outright... is there a fix for this issue?

Will Harlan

The way your request for help is worded one has to read the entire thread to get a good guess as to what you have tried.

First of all, which platform? If FSXSE or P3D, did you follow the recommendations in the readme and install the simconnect modules?  What else have you done, specifically?

Dan Downs KCRP