Sign in to follow this  
Guest ThrottleUp

Bombardier Dash 8 Q-400 or other Q series

Guest jwhak1

I was reading on the Bombardier Dash 8 Q-400 and it looks like a pretty sweet turboprop... I was wondering does anyone out there have or know of a place that offers these planes in payware that are worth the buck? I like good flight characteristics and paying attn to detail.Oh by the way has anyone really noticed much for Bombardier aircraft? Bombardier has some very good crafts I think. Happy Landings,

Guest Rockcliffe

The Majestic Q400 sets the standard, I think, but it's pretty pricey. You should still be able to find the freeware Q300 for FS9. Search Fanda or Oleksy Frolov.www.majesticsoftware.com

Guest oyvindhansen

Fanda, of Dash 8 Q300 fame, is building one apparently. It will probably be as detailed as it gets! Don't know about any release date though...-

HelloPSS version is getting on a bit but i still enjoy ithttp://www.phoenix-simulation.co.uk/Majestic is newer and is very detailedwww.majesticsoftware.com ( link seems down at the moment)Oliver Frolov/Thomas Herger Dash8 (freeware) this is an earlier version by the same folks as the majestichttp://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...04ac&DLID=37657Premier Aircraft Designhttp://www.flightsimnetwork.com/premaircraft/dreamwings Q100http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...04ac&DLID=73259

Guest Knikolaes

I suggest the PSS one for payware budget. I love it, though, and she hasn't let me down yet.If I ever upgrade from the PSS one it will be for the Majestic one -- but only if I get rich off the lottery first.

Guest Darren Howie

There are some major differences between the Dash 8-400Q and the 300 which has been released by Fanda,Majestic and PSS.A hundred knots in speed is the first of several major differences.Like comparing the 737 with the 767 i'm afraid.Majestic do have one coming but ido not know when.CheersDarren

Guest Knikolaes

Aaaah okay. I thought the Majestic was a 300 as well. LOL. Either way a 400Q would be a bloody sweet addition. And I love the Majestic's detail description in what they have to offer in the panel. Just need to get money first. LOL. January -- financial aid refund . . . **smiles**

Guest Blazer

HI..I dont have the majestic but from everything I've read regarding this addon it seems to be at the top of the Dash-8 must have list. I have the PSS Dash-8 and it is still a good addon. I enjoy wing views but the Pss does not have wing views so I have added the Pss panel to Dreamwings Dash-8 thus getting a nice wing view. The PSS has a VC and a nice Dash-8 sound.The PSS is worth buying but thats just my opinion. Regards..TH

Guest wildfire563

That's pretty amazing to get 100 knots more out of basically the same airframe. Wow!

I have the PSS Dash 8-400 which comes with both a regular and a Q model. In the PSS model, performance is about the same, the difference is in a glass cockpit instead of the analog one used on the regular model.The PSS Dash 8 was originally for FS2002, but has been updated for FSCOF. The virtual cockpit is only fair (IMHO), but the exterior, 2D cockpit, and flight model are all quite good. It includes a simple FMC and FS9 flight plans can be imported to it. You can also use the PSS cockpits in the Dreamwings Dash 8 models.I have tried the Fanda model - it is very detailed and is much more accurate as to procedures, but after wading through the manual and making a couple of successful flights, I was tired of all the checklists and went back to the PSS model. That's just me, a lot of folks really like the Fanda realism.Dale

Dale

Guest ThrottleUp

I dont know much about the flight model but I think the freeware Dreamwings Dash propjets are visually excellent, Im very happy with them (although TBH I hardly fly jetprops these days!)