Sign in to follow this  
HighBypass

Lionheart Creations Just Flight week long sale

Just Flight http://www.justflight.com/  Have got 40% off all Lionheart Creations software for this week.  :hi:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Just Flight http://www.justflight.com/  Have got 40% off all Lionheart Creations software for this week.  :hi:

Actually the sale is limited to about 11 products and does not include their Learjet 24 or Trinidad, but if you are after any of these 11 aircraft, now is the time to get them. I have the Fairchild 24, Piper Pacer series and Quest Kodiak and they are a good bargain at the sale price, although graphically a bit more reminiscent of FS9 products, rather than what we have grown used to in FSX today.

Bill

Thanks for the clarification Bill. I've been eyeing up their Aerospool WT9 Dynamic for some time, so that's what I purchased.

Mark Robinson

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Thanks for the clarification Bill. I've been eyeing up their Aerospool WT9 Dynamic for some time, so that's what I purchased.

What's that like Mark? It's not one that I have purchased but was thinking of it.

Bill

Sorry it's taken a while for a reply  - I've been away this weekend.

If you look at various videos about the real WT9 - the Lionheart version is extremely accurate as far as the model and looks go. I cannot vouch for the accuracy of the flight dynamics, because I've not flown the real one (I'm only a student glider pilot), but it feels like a nimble ultralight aircraft and the performance figures generated in the simulator seem to represent the real Dynamic too.

The virtual cockpit looks accurate and the 2D instrument panel is very clear too - there's several pop up panels for the instruments too, available in either 2D or virtual mode. I like the way you can swap out the 3 standby instruments (ASI, altimeter and VSI) to imperial ones, instead of the metric European fit. I couldn't work out what was up with the altimeter until I realised it was graduated in kilometres!

The instrument suite is quite comprehensive - there's even an autopilot in there too!

Having the plane's leather bound handbook in a pocket on the left of the cockpit is quite fun! Just click to access it and click to turn the pages etc. Even when flying LOL!

Having a true cold and dark aeroplane is a nice touch, even if you have to set it up yourself (the usual, get in a cessna, turn it off, select the WT9 save the flight if you wish).

I think it's a well produced model of a fun, GA ultralight sporty looking aeroplane, which is also an excellent glider tug IRL - at least it was definitely worth the £8.28 I paid for it. There are a couple of "features" I've so far found which are a minor niggle. The mirror on the port side of the canopy is non functional (not really an issue as it can be omitted, & it's usually only fitted to real world glider tugs I believe). The other one is the exterior noise which you hear when you slide back the direct vision port in the canopy. The looped sound might be that cacophonous in flight, but not when you're on the ground with the Rotax idling surely? (again I've never been in the real thing).

Hope this helps, Bill!

• Upvote 2

Mark Robinson

No problem. The WT9 seems pretty good from what you describe and great value at the sale price, so I will give it a go. Thanks for the mini-review Mark!

Bill

• Upvote 1