Sign in to follow this  
debarba

Issues since upgrading to V2.6.74

Hi - I recently upgraded to MCE 2.6.74 and installed FSX:SE as a parallel installation to MS-FSX. I'm having a few issues and I would think they are MCE related.

1) MS-FSX used to automatically hunt through the "Nearest Airport List" when I tuned in the tower freq. of my destination about 20 miles out. It's never worked on FSX:SE and now it doesn't work on MS-FSX either although it used to work perfectly. My mce.ini contains Use=1 in the [GO-FLIGHT] section and the TimeOut value contains 3000.

2) Almost every time I'm in the interface, I get a message asking for the path to RCV4 and PFE. I have neither of these installed and my mce.ini has UseRadarContact=0 and IgnoreRC4Registry=1 and RC4path=(blank). Also, IgnorePFERegistry=1 and PFEpath=(blank)

3) How do I get the co-pilot to stop echoing each transmission to ATC. It waits for me to transmit then echoes the exact words. It never used to do this and I can't find a setting to turn it off.

Any help is appreciated...thanks in advance,

Bob

Hi - I recently upgraded to MCE 2.6.74 and installed FSX:SE as a parallel installation to MS-FSX. I'm having a few issues and I would think they are MCE related.

1) MS-FSX used to automatically hunt through the "Nearest Airport List" when I tuned in the tower freq. of my destination about 20 miles out. It's never worked on FSX:SE and now it doesn't work on MS-FSX either although it used to work perfectly. My mce.ini contains Use=1 in the [GO-FLIGHT] section and the TimeOut value contains 3000.

2) Almost every time I'm in the interface, I get a message asking for the path to RCV4 and PFE. I have neither of these installed and my mce.ini has UseRadarContact=0 and IgnoreRC4Registry=1 and RC4path=(blank). Also, IgnorePFERegistry=1 and PFEpath=(blank)

3) How do I get the co-pilot to stop echoing each transmission to ATC. It waits for me to transmit then echoes the exact words. It never used to do this and I can't find a setting to turn it off.

Any help is appreciated...thanks in advance,

Bob

Hi Bob

No worries.

It does appear like for some reason, MCE has switched to RC4 or PFE mode.

Automatic tracking of COM 1 only happens with Native ATC and VFR flights, with no IFR FPLN assigned.

Although not directly related to it, suggest you update to latest V2.6.7.82

http://www.multicrewxp.com/Downloads.html

With Windows UAC enabled, and there is no need to disable it, you MUST..

1 - MCE is installed to default C:\Program Files (x86)\ folder

2 - "fsx.exe" is set to run as administrator

Otherwise, MCE won't be able to read data from the sim.

Thanks for your help FS++. I did upgrade to the latest version (always good to have the latest) but that didn't solve any of the problems. I did, however, rename mce.ini and went through the wizard to build a new one. This did solve 2 issues - I'm not prompted for the path to RCV4 or PFE anymore and the co-pilot no longer echoes everything I say to ATC.

I do still have a problem with the automatic "find the nearest airport" function. MCE.INI seems set up right...can you think of any other reason this won't work after it had been working perfectly in MS-FSX (it's never worked in FSX-SE)?

My MCE installation is in "C:\FSX_Addons\Multi Crew Experience" but I have UAC turned off. I verified that the slider bar in User Account Control settings is set to "Never Notify". I also checked that EnableLUA is set to 0 (HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System). I'd read that this is necessary to turn off UAC too.

I'd really like to get this fixed - this is a great help as it keeps you from having to work your way through a list of airports on the keyboard. Again, many thanks for the help.

Bob

C:\FSX_Addons\Multi Crew Experience

This is probably the issue.

I believe after users spread the info about the hack that completely disables UAC, Microsoft did something about it and programs won't get full privileges.

Since you have installed MCE to C: drive, you might just as well un-install and re-install to C:\Program Files (x86)\ folder.

Even under UAC, this will guarantee Windows won't block some operations, when MCE communicates with the sim.

For the ATC auto-synch with COM 1 feature to work, MCE has to constantly retrieve ATC window content. Something that's not even available via the FSX SDK.

To check whether it is the case, temporarily switch FO voice to a TTS one. Because recorded voices cannot speak unpredictable text. 

With a TTS voice assigned as your FO, ask him/her "confirm ATC options" or "what are the ATC options".

If the system works as expected, FO should be able to read aloud the content of the ATC window, anywhere, anytime.

This is what makes the MCE ATC feature work. Otherwise, one would be reduced to sending keys to the ATC window and hoping for the best.

With the insight it has, it can check options, select them correctly and not by accident. And obviously select the airport in the list that has the dialed COM 1 frequency and things like that.

If FO unable to read info, you'll have to check MCE is installed to default path and "fsx.exe" is set to run as admin.

First, thank you so much...it's working perfectly now! That is on MS-FSX - I will try FSX-SE tomorrow. I did uninstall and re-install in Program Files (x86). It was working fine in the original folder a few weeks ago but I'm fine moving it.

Please clarify one thing - what is a TTS voice as opposed to say, Trav? I tried to get Trav to read the ATC menu by saying "confirm ATC options." He acknowledges my request (I forget exactly what he said) but then silence and there are items on the ATC menu that I thought he would read. Did I do this test correctly?

Thank you again...someone commented in another post about MCE support being top notch. I have to agree!

Bob

Please clarify one thing - what is a TTS voice as opposed to say, Trav?

You're welcome.

By default MCE is set to use one of our 9 human recorded voices (Trav, Clive, William, Lorna, Stuart, Bill, Andy, Dieter, Jean-Claude).

If you have 32 Bit TTS (Text To Speech) voices installed on your system, you could also use those.

A typical Windows installation will have just one TTS on Windows 7 (Microsoft Anna) or 3 voices (or more if you install additional language packs) under Windows 10.

The default TTS voices aren't great, but there are third party voices available on the market, that are decent.

As their name implies, Text To Speech voices can handle any text and will be able to read whatever is output to the ATC window, among other things.

Go to <Command> tab in MCE user interface and click <Change> button next to Co-pilot voice.

In Voice assignment screen, click "TTS voices" at the top and you should see any such voices listed there. Select one and click OK. FO will then use that voice.

Ask again about ATC options and it should be read out aloud to you.

I bet you didn't know. Here is the kind of things you can do with TTS voices. Especially when assigned to Purser. Minute 5 and later.

The chute in this video is Epic

:crazy:

WARNING: We aren't responsible for any divorce that could result from the misuse of this feature (or detour).