Sign in to follow this  
D Flyer

unable to install PMDG 737NGX

i HAVE FSX DELUXE WITHOUT SP 1/2 ETC. when I run the PMDG.exe,"your registry does not show a valid fsx installation location" prompt shows up during the installation and installation stops. Tried the registry repair tool but to no avail(I direct it to my fsx.exe and it shows registry created). It would be great if someone could show me a way out. Thankyoucool.png. Iam not even sure if my FSX is installed or not, I just have a an FSX.EXE file in FSX folder on my primary drive that I have to run to open FSX. It does not show up in the add remove program in the control panel either.Well I tried looking up the add remove program but cant find a trace of fsx there. I dont remember exactly but I think I might have installed the fsx in the fsx folder in my C drive instead of the regular "Program files" folder used for istallations. i.e. C:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X1. Probably thats why all this is happening....all I need to do now is to run FSX.EXE in the microsoft flight simulator folder to run fsx. also, I have absolutely no problem adding sceneries and aircraft to it either. Since Ive not used fsx for a long time am not sure of the installations etc. It'd be great if someone can tell what I myt be looking at. 

You need SP1 and SP2 installed for PMDG NGX

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

It shouldn't make any difference where you installed FSX.  What does make a difference is that the registry, the system, and the NGX, have no idea that FSX is installed. You need to do a re-install of FSX and you will need to install SP1 and SP2 as well. It is just possible that the correction utility from Flight 1 can fix your registry problem, but you will still need the service packs.

David Jones

It does not show up in the add remove program in the control panel either.

This is an install issue.

This is one of the rare cases where I'll tell someone to uninstall and reinstall. Manually delete all FSX-related folders you can find. Then, properly install the program via the disks.

Full names in your posts, please - first and last.

Kyle Rodgers

I wonder how am I able to play FSX and install aircraft and sceneries too if the FSX is not installed??

Full names in the PMDG forums please.

Quite likely because the scenery or aircraft you install are not looking to the registry for a specific entry that belongs there.  The missing entry in the control panel list of programs is a registry problem.  Did you take the recommendation that Kyle offered?

Dan Downs KCRP

I wonder how am I able to play FSX and install aircraft and sceneries too if the FSX is not installed??

Have you done the things that Kyle and I suggested?  If not, I guarantee that your problem with the NGX will continue.

David Jones

I own PMDG 737-8900 NGX and 747 (Queen of the Skies).

I am unable to reinstall the 747.

Bizarrely, I managed to install the 737, but it asks for the serial number, which I entered originally. There is no way to enter it, so I tried to reinstall.

This didn't work.

So I cannot fly it. If PMDG is so paranoid about its products being copied, I will not buy anything more from them.

I have tried numerous times to reinstall these products, and looked at about 10 forums. So I've given up and use CLS 747 and the excellent 737 freeware.

If you are unable to install your products,  the solution is actually quite simple.   Open a Support Ticket with Support.precisionmanuals.com so that we can help you resolve the issue as that is the only official means of support for your products.  I am certain we can get whatever issue you have resolved if you simply follow these procedures.

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg