Sign in to follow this  
mwilk

FSLabs A320

An early version of a flight sim stick would fit the bill as they were simple in design much like the controller in an Airbus.  I'll have to check the post out over at FSLabs regarding sticks. I've got the JoyLock bracket's that work like a charm.

http://www.avsim.com/pages/0711/JoyLoc/Joyloc.html

\Robert Hamlich/

One question for you Boeing drivers that think of trying out an Airbus, what controller will you use?

I have a CH Yoke but that one wouldn't feel right to use with an Airbus. I guess some kind of joystick would be the most realistic option but most joysticks are more leaned towards fighter a/c are they not?

Like Oliver, I'm using a Thrustmaster T16000M, which is convertable to either the right or left hand. It's got some heft and enough buttons to be useful without completely destroying the illusion of being a "real" Airbus controller. Very accurate, too...I'm a fan.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Like Oliver, I'm using a Thrustmaster T16000M, which is convertable to either the right or left hand. It's got some heft and enough buttons to be useful without completely destroying the illusion of being a "real" Airbus controller. Very accurate, too...I'm a fan.

Thanks, will keep that one in mind should I decide to try out some buses further down the road.

Richard Åsberg

Kinda now more excited about the FSLabs A320 than the PMDG 747-400v2. I expect they will both be in the same price area which for me means buying one or the other. Will be nice to have something new to learn, different autopilot logic etc rather than the same Boeing LNAV/VNAV once again.

One question for you Boeing drivers that think of trying out an Airbus, what controller will you use?

I have a CH Yoke but that one wouldn't feel right to use with an Airbus. I guess some kind of joystick would be the most realistic option but most joysticks are more leaned towards fighter a/c are they not?

I have the Thrusmaster Warthog. Expensive (I waited a long time before bought it ;-)) but it is a real pleasure to fly with it ... On the number of years that it can operate without problems, it is worth. Also if you like to fly military aircraft it has become essential in terms of quality, accuracy and of course just perfect with the Bus.

Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Same here, Thrustmaster Warthog with throttle controller.  These things are solid and heavy, and very precise feel.  The extra axis on the throttle controller works perfect for speedbrakes, enough switches for all the the things I want to assign.  Expensive compared to toys sure, but not interested in toys.

Dan Downs KCRP

OK, I do know the X55 by the looks anyway but didn't think of that as a realistic Airbus sidestick but of course it can still be used as one.

So how will this FSLabs A320 compare to the Aerosoft airbuses? I recon this will be the Airbus version of the NGX from PMDG?

I use the X55 and love it! And the throttles are great.

As for comparing Aerosoft v FSLabs.  For me it would be like Ifly 737 v PMDG!  

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

I also use the Thrustmaster T16000M

It actually has the same very precise hall sensor that the much more expensive Warthog stick has.

Marcel

I have a PFC 737 Yoke and rudder pedals, a 737 TQ from JetMax and those were a lot of money and not easy to just set aside for the A320. So I plan on using this setup. All of it configured through fsuipc as well. Way to much to just let sit for some cheap side stick.

Eric 

That's funny you mention JB Eric, I have been flying FSL320 using JB livery, picking a real flight and following it on liveatc (dont tell my airline I fly for the competition on my desktop at home..lol)

I also can't wait for the P3D version!

Happy landings!

John

I became addicted to flying like this. I rarely fly in Europe since liveatc coverage is almost complete in America. JetBlue has a lot of fun flights to the Caribbean and transcons.

• Upvote 1

What's the final verdict guys ?

For someone not interested in shadows or fancy graphic effects ( bloom et all ), and willing to use the 2d panel version only, what would you suggest - running in dx9 or dx10 with Fixer?

And, full screen or windowed ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Hi Jose, it's heavy on resources,I use DX10 (had the fixer already) with FSX:SE with cockpit shadows enabled. You loose about 10 fps with self-shadows enabled.

I prefer to wait for the P3d version.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

For someone not interested in shadows or fancy graphic effects ( bloom et all ), and willing to use the 2d panel version only, what would you suggest - running in dx9 or dx10 with Fixer?

If you use the 2D panel only you are unlikely to have any problems with performance based on my experience. Depending on the rest of your sim (from the rest of your post I'm guessing you don't run loads of enormous cloud textures etc), I'd try it in DX9 and see how you get on. If you find yourself getting OOMs then I'd consider DX10, but if it ain't broke I wouldn't rush to fix it.

I've only run it in windowed mode and that's what FSLabs recommend.

I only use default scenery ( fsx:se ), well with just the Madeira Aerosoft scenery, AS16 and ASCA with textures in DXT5 512k, and max 3 cloud layers.

AI set to zero, no traffic at all.

Guess this is going to be sufficient for good performance ...

Thx for your answers !

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I'm gonna find myself a Jetblue VA to fly for as soon as she is available for P3D. Plan on wearing out that livery. I live in an area where they decel over my house at about 12k going into the airport. Those IAE engines have a very very distinct sound when they pull the power back. I always make my wife shake her head when we are in the house and I hear it and tell her that's a JBU A320 going overhead. Fire up FR24 and am never disappointed!

Same here!

I live directly where the planes turn onto final approach for EDDM and I can hear the Buses very clearly.

They have some kind of sound when they pull back the throttle and extend the flaps to flaps 1... This can only be heard form the A32X family.

I am glad that I am not the only insane person here ;)