Sign in to follow this  
theskyisthelimit

Video card (1080 ftw) glitch or software glitch (image)?

I ran into this the other day.. i booted up a test flight and had this in the image:

1080glitch.jpg

I should have just closed it down and verified if it was present in all of windows 10, but i didnt.. i just killed p3d and reopened it, second run it was fine.

I think given that i was able to screen shot this, it is probably NOT video card hardware related?

Throwing this out there in case anyone else has seen it.

Thanks

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

I think given that i was able to screen shot this, it is probably NOT video card hardware related?

Oops..edit : (no scan lines with LCD).

But it does look that way.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Bad connection or your card is overheating.

Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore(water Cooled) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, 64 DD4 @ 2800 2 x 2x M.2 in raid 0.

By coincidence, I saw this exact same thing yesterday.  I had just upsized the cursor arrow, to help my failing eyesight :sad:

So I put the arrow back to its original size (smallest of three) and the distortion disappeared.

I had a job finding the size adjustment, and wonder if what I found is the "floating" (or a name like that) cursor, which has caused problems in the past.

Regards

Frank Jones

I can confirm this happens with my 1080 FE on my Test PC also ... not very often, has happened about 3 times.  Glad to see it's not just me.

Cheers, Rob.

EDIT: It's isolated to just my 1080 FE, tested with 970 and Titan X in my test PC and all good.

I ran into this the other day.. i booted up a test flight and had this in the image:

1080glitch.jpg

I should have just closed it down and verified if it was present in all of windows 10, but i didnt.. i just killed p3d and reopened it, second run it was fine.

Throwing this out there in case anyone else has seen it.

Thanks

Ive had this happen once on my PNY 1080 FE

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

I've got a FE.

Never seen something like that, at least til far.

If drivers are up-to-date, I'd also have a look to the connection (healthy cable?) and get rid of any OC.

Geez...

Happy flying,

Massimo Burti

Intel Core i9-13900K ¦ 64GB DDR4-3200 - 2x 32GB - Kingston Fury Beast - black ¦ 2x 2TB - m.2 NVMe Gen4 - Samsung 980 Pro ¦ Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4  ¦ Asus TUF RTX 3080 Gaming OC LHR - 12GB ¦ 1000W - 80+ Platinum - Seasonic Prime PX

I have had it happen once only on my ASUS FE GTX1080.

I was trying the highest SGSS and I thought it was because it ran the card too hot. It went over 87 degrees.

At my normal setting, sits about 54 and never seen it since!

Cheers,

Mark

I have had it happen once only on my ASUS FE GTX1080.

I was trying the highest SGSS and I thought it was because it ran the card too hot. It went over 87 degrees.

At my normal setting, sits about 54 and never seen it since!

Cheers,

Mark

Ehm...mine runs at 80°C even with no SGSS with unlimited fps 2560x1440 @144Hz/Gsync, 65-70°C with 30 fps lock.

Quite a difference compared to your readings: am I missing something (maybe W cooling  :Nail Biting:) ?

Cheers,

Edit: You're all invited for a bbq at my place !

Massimo Burti

Intel Core i9-13900K ¦ 64GB DDR4-3200 - 2x 32GB - Kingston Fury Beast - black ¦ 2x 2TB - m.2 NVMe Gen4 - Samsung 980 Pro ¦ Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4  ¦ Asus TUF RTX 3080 Gaming OC LHR - 12GB ¦ 1000W - 80+ Platinum - Seasonic Prime PX

Ehm...mine runs at 80°C even with no SGSS with unlimited fps 2560x1440 @144Hz/Gsync, 65-70°C with 30 fps lock.

Quite a difference compared to your readings: am I missing something (maybe W cooling  :Nail Biting:) ?

Cheers,

One can also cap the GPU with a temperature limit. I use EVGA Precision X to do this. I cap the GPU at 70 degrees Celsius and everything is fine.

Spirit

My Asus Strix 1080 does this on one in ten startups, while not as severe as your picture, maybe one distorted line for a second, it has done this with the last four NVIDIA drivers. Not a heat problem as the card, especially with weather cooling down in Calif. idles around 32c and @ 100% load 70c.

Not cables either.

Overclocking glitch maybe? Moderate overclock under 2000MHz.

Cheers,

You have got to love computers...

YMMV has to be THE motto!

I am flying the FSLabs A320-X right now and my GTX1080 is 53C.

That is using 4x SGSS, 4/8 (8xCSAA), FSX Gold, DX10 Fixer, 30FPS internal locked with 1/2 VSync on a 60hz 27' Dell Monitor.

FPS are 29.5 to 30, flying over FTX AUS SP4, with an i7-6700K OC 4.6ghz.

It was this airplane at 32x 8/24 8x SGSS that sent the temp up to 87C and I was still at the Gate! (Auscene YPAD Gate 25)...

I don't use water cooled, it is a stock day 1 founders addition 1080. But in my computer, it is very sparse grid sensitive. If I run at 2x SGSS, it does not even reach 40C.

So I settled on 4x SGSS with 4/8 in the Fixer.

I look forward to the BBQ!

Regards,

Mark

I swear the issue that that they idle the cards at 60c to keep the fans from being loud but I'd rather have a loud fan than a burnt up gpu,if our CPUS idle'd at 60c we'd all be really upset. I set a custom fan curve so that at 60c the fan goes to 100 percent and turns on at 30c,rarely does my card hit 60c now,and I cant even hear the fan over my h110

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.