Sign in to follow this  
cnazario

Not Able to Power Up Phenom 300 Engines

Ok, need some input here.. I am not able to power up the engines... I watch the videos and follow the checklist and no joy... on CAS I get a DC Bus 1 OFF and no futher info... I even try CRTL + E, and no dice... any info?

Thanks

I think you are going to have to provide the exact procedures you are using to start it up.  For instance, I suspect you are starting up the Phenom cold and dark and then beginning to start up the engines.  Or, did you shutdown the engines and try to restart? 

Ray Marshall here at AVSIM did an excellent review of this aircraft and has the proper startup procedures in his review - http://www.avsim.com/index.php/_/reviews/aircraft/review-embraer-phenom-300-by-carenado-for-fsx-r3413.  Just scroll down to the start up section of the review.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hello cnazario

I have a similar problem with the starting procedure of the Phenom 300: When I start P3D v3 with preloaded phenom and turn the batteries on, the IESI doesn't enlight and AFC call up replies : ATC disabled - no electrical. I don't find any switch or knob to change that. BUT: when I start P3D with another airplane e.g. the Baron 58 and select the phenom after the sim is running the startup procedure either "cold and dark" or "ready to taxi" the it works. On the other hand when I select "ready to taxi" after starting with loaded phenom then it works !

If there is anyone out there who knows wether (and how) it is possible to get the electrical system to start, pls let us know...

regards

Hello cnazario

I have a similar problem with the starting procedure of the Phenom 300: When I start P3D v3 with preloaded phenom and turn the batteries on, the IESI doesn't enlight and AFC call up replies : ATC disabled - no electrical. I don't find any switch or knob to change that. BUT: when I start P3D with another airplane e.g. the Baron 58 and select the phenom after the sim is running the startup procedure either "cold and dark" or "ready to taxi" the it works. On the other hand when I select "ready to taxi" after starting with loaded phenom then it works !

If there is anyone out there who knows wether (and how) it is possible to get the electrical system to start, pls let us know...

regards

I had the same problem under FSX-SE, the issue is because when you configure the plane for Cold & Dark the avionics are turned off and there is no switch to turn them on on the panel.

I assigned a hotkey under FSX to turn off and on the avionics and that overcame the problem, not sure if P3D will have a similar setting.

Regards,

R.

I assigned a hotkey under FSX to turn off and on the avionics and that overcame the problem, not sure if P3D will have a similar setting.

Regards,

R.

Hi simbol

thank you for the quick and helpful answer.

First I tried to set a button with FSUIPC (there was a free button on my CH Eclipse). That didn't work, so I tried to set a keyboard command in the settings in P3D. The setting in P3d is called "avionics master on/off" and that worked fine. Btw. the only and not working command in FSUIPC with the expression "avionics" is called "avionics master set". Perhaps is that a syntax problem for P3d ?

again many thanks.

regards Dieter