Sign in to follow this  
Purr

Install problem: Error opening file for writing

Hi guys,

Just purchased the Do228 v1.1 for install into p3d 3.3. Upon installation an error appears saying "Error opening file for writing" and the file lists a font, D:\P3D\fonts\digital. I can choose abort, retry, or cancel. If I click retry each time it goes to identifying another font and the same issue.

This is weird--I have never seen this before in a huge number of installations of different products with P3D over the years. any ideas? I'm stumped.

Using admin privileges to install, UAC controls to "never", no changes to antivirus. Rebooted and tried 3x, same result. Re-downloaded in case file corrupt, nope same issue.

Help!

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

Have had this quite a few times from Carenado and Alabeo installations and I suspect it might be that those font files already exist from an earlier installation and for some reason the installer calls it an error instead of just moving on.

Hi Purr,

I had the same issue with Carenado products a couple of times. I run P3D 3.35. I always chose "ignore" and the plane installed correctly thereafter. 

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Thanks guys for this...yes, just hit "ignore" repeatedly and everything seems well now.

Thanks for the help!

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

Could it be, P3D3 was running? The fonts were in use then, so you couldn't replace them.

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

Hmm that would possibly make sense as an explanation for that kind of error but i also tried from a fresh reboot with the same result so there must have been some other reason.

In any case I'm up and running now : )

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10