Sign in to follow this  
Guest koorby

Vista Australis HQ Video!

Guest koorby

It's taken 15 years, but now we have Australia looking the way it was meant to.Here's the first Vista Australis video in MPEG2, high quality, 84MB:http://www.rapidfile.net/download_free.php?id=785Click on the above link to take you to the download page; the actual video link is at the bottom of the page.Enjoy the show - trust me, you don't want to miss this one!

Hey there, that is a pretty cool video. Now if we could only get flight sim to be that smooth at those speeds.TonyP IV 3.0 HT1 GB@400MHzWD 160 GB HD WD 60 GB HDATI X850ProSaitek X45

Mate, that video is just awesome. Just watched it three times. Your work with Oz textures is superb. Has to be the most authentic I have seen ever. Especially the blue mountains.Will installing those textures change them only for Oz or will they replace them globally? Also are you going to do multiple seasons?Cheers and thanks for the video. Just brilliant.Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern Australia

Guest koorby

>Mate, that video is just awesome. Just watched it three>times. Your work with Oz textures is superb. Has to be the>most authentic I have seen ever. Especially the blue>mountains.>>Will installing those textures change them only for Oz or will>they replace them globally? Also are you going to do>multiple seasons?>>Cheers and thanks for the video. Just brilliant.>>Chris Porter>:-outta>>Perth>Western Australia>Hi Chris, thanks for the kind words mate. I have a switcher program that will allow you to switch between VOZ textures and whatever you have now, with two mouse clicks. I also have 4 distinct regions you can choose from within Australia; North, Central, West and South.Once you're done flying in Oz, just switch back to your previous textures and you're away. Couldn't be easier.

I have had 2 attempts to download and run this -- the download and unzip works fine - but then , when I try to play the MPG with Windows Media Player , it says it wants to download a codec , but cant and the MPG wont play. All other MPGs I play OK.Barry

Guest koorby

>I have had 2 attempts to download and run this -- the>download and unzip works fine - but then , when I try to play>the MPG with Windows Media Player , it says it wants to>download a codec , but cant and the MPG wont play. All other>MPGs I play OK.>>BarryHmmm sorry to hear that Barry :( first report we've had of that issue. Try the 10MB WMV, its quality is ok.

I have had this problem too and, according to my excessively IT literate son, the problem may be due to the fact that the codecs needed to play this stuff aren't free and that is why MS media player can't find them on the web. However most DVD drives come with software bundles that include these codecs. So if you have a DVD drive make sure that the software bundle that came with it is installed. Not sure that this is the issue but the vid wouldn't play on my old PC with a fresh install of MS Media Player 10 but without any DVD software installed However it plays fine on my new PC with all the software that came with a DVD drive installed.Great vid by the way - loved the shots around Uluru and the red centre.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

I have been able to view the smaller 10 Megabyte movie - it is in WMV format . But the larger one is in MPG format and my Windows Media Player needs a codec for it to play. Doesn't say which one though.Anyway these new Aussie textures look just great!Barry

Same problem here. The large file won't play with any of my video players. Any chance you could repost using one of the standard Microsoft codecs? I would really like to see your work in the higher quality mode.Thanks!--Bryn

Guest koorby

OK let me re-do it in WMVHD format. Size will be the same, and I'll post the link here shortly.

very cool, its too bad ms locked the textures globally as it would be great to be able to stay in the game and have all those different type of textures. Looking forward to this anyway and I will love flying around a great country I one day hope to visit and lean more about!