Sign in to follow this  
vhrob

No clickspots, no tool tips, no "hands" to turn knobs

I have just finished reading the Introduction and launched the 737NGX for the first time.

The aircraft is cold and dark, but does not respond to any button push or click. Cannot turn batteries on for example. The 2D click spots do not appear and pressing "menu" of the FMS produces no response. Mousing over knobs produces no "hands" to turn them.

I'm have relaunched it over a default aircraft with the engine running with same result.

???

Rob Stevenson

???

I don't know what platform you are using but if it is FSX-SE or P3D some some simconnect files need to be installed. That information is detailed in the README.txt file that came with the installer. Read that and see if that helps

???

I'm unsure of your platform, but if it's anything other than the original boxed edition of FSX, then the "readme" file immediately next to the installer in the ZIP file instructed you to install some SimConnect files, as Michael mentioned.

For FSX:SE:

http://support.precisionmanuals.com/kb/a110/aircraft-loads-up-dead-no-activation-window-no-landing-gear-simconnect-issue.aspx

...or for P3D:

http://support.precisionmanuals.com/kb/a111/aircraft-loads-up-dead-no-activation-window-no-landing-gear-simconnect-issue.aspx

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks, I am using FSX-SE and have just done all the simconnect things.

Now I have a live aeroplane!

Next problem seems to be FSX crashing every time I select End Flight.

for another topic I think.

Thanks, I am using FSX-SE and have just done all the simconnect things.

Now I have a live aeroplane!

Glad to hear it.

Next problem seems to be FSX crashing every time I select End Flight.

for another topic I think.

There is a known issue for a small number of NGX users that use the ESC function to end their flights in the Full Screen mode.  We are currently investigating this, but to date have been unable to identify any faults in the gauge files that would cause this type of behavior. 

The good news is there are a couple of easy solutions to avoid the problem.   If you are running the Full Screen mode,  simply select "CTRL + C" to Exit FSX directly, or you can switch to the Windowed Mode by pressing "ALT + ENTER" and then simply click on the "X" in the upper right corner to close FSX.   Either of these solutions should prevent the CTD issue you describe.

Kyle Rodgers