Sign in to follow this  
yacoub

Bios not saving OC

Hi All

I ve overckloked my i7-3770k a couple of time this week and i was so happy with the performance that i got , but unfortunately the day after my tweak the CPU back to default 3.5 !!

Rgds

Sid

Sid Khezaz

How did you overclock it?

Motherboard make and model?

If it's an Asus board and you used the AI Suite 3 utility to overclock, [not five way optimisation] then it won''t save the overclock. I mention this as an example of why we need to know how you overclocked and the motherboard make and model.

If you overclocked from within the BIOS, did you save the settings before exiting the BIOS?

More info required.

Good Day Martin,

Thank you for your quick response, the motherboard is Asus P8Z77-V, i ve done my OC via Bios and also to save sometimes F10 and other time Exit - save change

Sorry also 670 gtx

Sid Khezaz

I have the same board. My son has it now. Never experienced that issue.

Are you sure the overclock was stable. I'm thinking it may not have been stable and reset itself to optimised defaults due to that instability.

Best to stress test your overclock with RealBench.

Latest BIOS of course for max stability.

I have the same motherboard and its been rock solid since I bought it but I also lost my overclock a few months ago. The reason was because the CMOS battery was old and couldn't maintain the proper voltage. I replaced the battery on the motherboard and it is fine now. The batteries are only a few dollars. I suggest you check your battery as it is probably just as old as mine was.

Ted 

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

Ok Guys thank you so much, for your info i am not on the last Bios also may be the battery is off cause when fire up the pc it s ask to hint F1 to access set up, so your both suggestion should be fixed

Sid

Sid Khezaz

The fact that it is asking you to press F1 to go into your bios before starting is a pretty good indication that the bios is not able to store your settings due to a dead battery. That is exactly what mine did. Having to reset your date and clock every time you start the computer is another symptom.

Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

Thank you so much Ted, i was so happy with the OC at 4.5 with a huge improvement even flying the A320x FsLabs onto egll aerosoft

Sid Khezaz

That's a great suggestion from Ted.

Could well be the battery. The first symptom is usually losing the date and time, so If you've experienced that symptom too it's pretty much certain it's the battery.