Sign in to follow this  
bernd1151

The Yukon experience

We depart from a small unpaved strip in Breaburn (CEK2) and head west towards the Kluane Nat. Park. We actually fly a southwesterly course in order to get to see more of the Kluane Park and its majestic mountain range. Before landing in Burwash we fly along the Kluane Lake. It should give us decent opportunities for some photo-shooting.

No worries, we won’t take the car, although such a trip would be interesting too

1aaad1.jpg

The Breaburn airstrip is located right next to the Klondike Hwy

224f35.jpg

33f32f.jpg

Nope, no fire this time

40ad81.jpg

5e418a.jpg

6cfd85.jpg

71827c.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

We’ll soon reach the eastern part of the Kluane Park

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

Above the Kluane Lake

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

We are about to clear for landing

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

The next trip will lead us into the park.

Thanks for viewing

• Upvote 3

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Nice. I live in the Yukon :) Have you tried Haines Jct Yukon CYHT to Haines AK PAHN.   I drive between the two  a few times each summer. Its about a 3 hour drive.

Untitled_zpssm4j6qkq.jpg

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Lucky you  :smile:

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Awesome screen shots, what kinda addon you are using for the Yukon it looks great, I've been up to Dawson, Innuvik and Old Crow and I will be going again pretty soon it is awsome specially in fall.

Arslan Nouar

Wonderful views of Alaska....love the massive river beds in the valleys and glaciers...the thunderous AN-2 should be fun!

HLJAMES

Wonderful views of Alaska....love the massive river beds in the valleys and glaciers...the thunderous AN-2 should be fun!

HLJAMES

Yukon is not in Alaska! Its a Canadian Territory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0YDRDfDX8I

• Upvote 1

Pete Richards

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Yukon is not in Alaska! Its a Canadian Territory.

I'm not sure, whether you have heard about this Pete, a Canadian friend of mine told me recently this:

"Across the road from the strip in Breaburn there is the Breaburn Lodge where the world's best Cinnamon Sticky buns are home made. They are renown throughout theYukon. I can speak from personal experience in saying they are the best. When I was there the lodge owner told me that he got a radio message one time from a RCAF sqn that was on maneuvers with the USAF up near Tuktoyuktuk. They ordered 12 dozen buns, and sent a C130 down to get them. It was a quite a sight to see that A/C getting in and out of that strip."

What an amazing trip, Ryan!! I did a lot of traveling in our RV in the US and Canada, but never that far north

I'm not sure, whether you have heard about this Pete, a Canadian friend of mine told me recently this:

"Across the road from the strip in Breaburn there is the Breaburn Lodge where the world's best Cinnamon Sticky buns are home made. They are renown throughout theYukon. I can speak from personal experience in saying they are the best. When I was there the lodge owner told me that he got a radio message one time from a RCAF sqn that was on maneuvers with the USAF up near Tuktoyuktuk. They ordered 12 dozen buns, and sent a C130 down to get them. It was a quite a sight to see that A/C getting in and out of that strip."

I live in Whitehorse about an hours drive from the Breaburn Lodge. I have stopped for lunch a number of times but never had the cinnamon buns ( Don't like cinnamon ) but I do know they have a reputation for being very good. 

Pete Richards

While your shots are great indeed, I can't help but wonder if the trip might not have been faster by car?  Or fast horse?  Or bicycle?  Or...  The AN-2 is my most favorite airplane that I'll never buy.  Beautiful shots.

Love it!!!! :smile: Thanks for sharing

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick