Sign in to follow this  
wizzards

siatek good news?

just read on Techradar that Logitech has purchased  Siatek,I wonder what this will do for our flghtgear?

peter

• Upvote 1

I think can only help.  Mad Catz not such a great fit with Saitek.

scott s.

Hopefully Throttle Quadrants go back into production and they improve on quality as well as new products. 

Matthew Kane

Just read about this purchase. I think it will be a good move for the Saitek brand. I never had any problems with their hardware, but their software was another story. As a result, I left Saitek long ago and use CH products.

I did try the Saitek Cessna yoke and pedals a couple of years ago at SunNFun and it seemed to work fairly well.

Only time will tell and it will be interesting to see what Logitech has in store.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

It's more of a sidegrade. Logitech has terrible support and drivers,  so I guess nothing will change.

Logitech has a higher standard of quality compared to madcatz where QC was non-existent. It remains to be seen if they will tweak the designs of the old Saitek gear. My experience with Logitech has been a positive one. I'm still using my M510 mouse and Extreme 3D joystick, both purchased 12 years ago. I can not say that about anything with a madcatz label on it.