Sign in to follow this  
TonyR

VC Panel black when loaded

Hi, all!

When I load the 737ngx on my surround triple monitors everything looks good but the VC cockpit, which loads totally black, although with instruments lights lit (and working well when clicked on). The outside views of the plane are perfect; the problem is just when you have the VC cockpit on screen. Maybe some tweak I forgot!!! Can someone help me, please, I appreciate.

Full names on all posts in the PMDG forums please.

Maybe the textures are slow to load, do you see the 3D model of a cockpit but no textures only black?  Maybe you have to wait 30 sec for the textures to load first time?

Dan Downs KCRP

Not sure if I waited 30 secs but will try again and let you know. Thanks much. Sorry for not using full name.

Tony Reis

... after waiting minutes, still the same black cockpit! where can it be wrong?! I couldn't upload a picture but the screen shows the scenery (runway, trees...) perfect but the cockpit is a black drawing with the displays lit, all rest black. Any other guesses?! Thanks much. 

Sorry for not using full name.

You left your name off the last post you made. Set it up so that is done automatically. Click on your user name in upper right corner, click on My Profile, click on Edit My Profile, click on Signature, in Edit Signature enter your first and last name, click save and your name will be on all of your posts.

Sorry again. Did it!

Just do what I said in post #5 and you will never need to worry about again.

Thanks again! Well, regaring my problem I just noticed that if I run the PMDG 737 House I have no problems. Should this mean that I have to uninstall and reinstall all liveries? Thanks and sorry for bothering again.

House livery for 737 okay with any variant (B738 - 739 etc)?  Are you using the Operations Center to install liveries?

Is there only one livery that has a black VC or all add on liveries?

Your liveries downloaded from PMDG via OC or from other source like AVSIM library?

I guess you could have a problem with the aircraft.cfg but unlikely... lets see what your answers are.

Dan Downs KCRP

1. Thanks, Dan!! All liveries installed had the same problem. I download them from the OpCenter and Avsim library. I believe I solved the problem uninstalling them all. I just tried a newly installedlivery and itworked well. I will do it one-by=one checking each one. Problem solved..at least, for now!

Thanks much for your assistance and Michael.

Very good,  a glitch in the aircraft.cfg most likely cleared by OC during uninstall/install of liveries.  Good deal.

Dan Downs KCRP