Sign in to follow this  
eddywinch82

RAF 2000 Addon Aircraft Throttle Problem In FS98 Query

I have recently been playing Flight Sim 98, for a bit of nostalgia, running it in Windows 98 in the program VMware in my Windows 7 64 bit. However I recently bought the RAF 2000 Payware Addon pack for FS98. And whilst most of the Aircraft work, I am having problems with a few a few of them. Two of those Aircraft that I am having problems with, are the Hawker Hart and Hind. I create a flight, and select the Plane and Airport, It loads all views are there including the instrument Panel. And the propellor is turning and I have the sound, however when I apply power even full power, with the brake off, the Sound remains the same and the plane remains stationary, I am not sure which other Aircraft that applys to, the throttle quadrant shows the lever going up. But the Aircraft doesn't move, no matter what power setting I use. Could anyone on this forum suggest to me what is causing the problem, and how I can fix it ? Any help and information from somebody, would be much appreciated.

Welcome!

Are you using a joystick or yoke? If so, can you calibrate it via the VMware windows 98 control panel? Is VMware an emulator of some sort?

Does the controller calibrate ok within Win 7?

Apart from that I've no idea. Hope it helps though!

do however have quite a few FS98 addons on my shelf. I'm going to post details in the classified section soon.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Hi HighBypass, Many thanks for your reply I really do appreciate it. Yes Vmware Workstation allows you to run older versions of Windows in modern Windows. I suppose you could call it an Emulator then. I am using keyboard controls not a Joystick. I did try something before, as an experiment. I downloaded an Freeware Hawker Fury for Flight Sim 98 at www.simviation.com. and used the aircraft.cfg file, from that instead of the original for the Payware RAF 2000 Addon Hawker Fury. Now the Aircraft will respond to throttle inputs and will fly. I have found the same problem with a few other RAF 2000 Addon Prop Planes too. Could you suggest what could be wrong in the aircraft.cfg File of these Planes to cause the stated problem, and what it should be changed too ? Hope you can help me, I would really appreciate it if you could. Best Wishes From Eddie Winch

No idea what is wrong with the files, sorry. Have you tried opening both of the aircraft cfg files in notepad and comparing them, especially sections to do with engines or thrust etc?

Mark Robinson

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Hi HighBypass,

Many thanks for taking time to reply to my posts it's much appreciated. I have the same problem with a number of Propellor Payware Addon Planes, when I run Flight Sim 98 in Vmware Workstation now. I think me running Windows 98 as Vmware File in Vmware is what is causing the problem, rather than the files for the Planes. What I am trying to do now, is do a proper full install of Windows 98 in Dosbox V 0.74 in my Windows 7 64 bit. The procedure is rather tricky, but it is possible according to what I have read. I have been struggling to achieve it, but when I have done that. I will install FS98 again in Windows 98, and the Payware Aircraft Addons, and run FS98 and I will let you know if that problem no longer occurs. But also in Vmware Workstation running FS98 I will do what you have suggested, if the problem still occurs. Best Wishes from Eddie Winch ))

Did anyone else catch that he is running and asking about FS98 (title and first line)?

Did I cross into a conflicting universe and end up in the FS98 Forum?

Answers and film at 11.

Did I cross into a conflicting universe and end up in the FS98 Forum?

You must have done mate, there's no FS98 forum here! :Tounge:

I was only trying to help the guy. :) Perhaps he posted in the oldest MSFS forum which is on Avsim?

Mark Robinson

...and why not, it's a great idea! I know that the earlier MS flight sims can be played on emulators, so why not try the later ones too.