Sign in to follow this  
spilok

PAKT is horrible now

Why, I don't know.  I've tried everything.  I've done elevation adjustments in FSX Central and I've reinstalled the program, but I fondly remember Pakt being so vibrant with people walking around and the deep roads down to the terminal, and everything else that makes this such a great airport.  Now, nothing looks even close.  Trees and Radio antennae are in the air, and  I can't seem to get it all back.  I've tried installing UTX Alaska and it has helped a very little bit.  Trees are still in the air but some runway obstructions are gone.  However, the real PAKT from ORBX doesn't exist anymore. 

WHAT can I do here? I really want my PAKT back again.

Stan

Why, I don't know.  I've tried everything.  I've done elevation adjustments in FSX Central and I've reinstalled the program, but I fondly remember Pakt being so vibrant with people walking around and the deep roads down to the terminal, and everything else that makes this such a great airport.  Now, nothing looks even close.  Trees and Radio antennae are in the air, and  I can't seem to get it all back.  I've tried installing UTX Alaska and it has helped a very little bit.  Trees are still in the air but some runway obstructions are gone.  However, the real PAKT from ORBX doesn't exist anymore. 

Stan

I had the same issues with TAP - Tapini and got fixed like this:  http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/121490-orbx-tapini-floating-objects/

Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore(water Cooled) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, 64 DD4 @ 2800 2 x 2x M.2 in raid 0.

I've done elevation adjustments in FSX Central

In case I don't understand, did you use the Airport Elevation Corrections using the Vector Configurator?

blaustern

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

and  did  you post your  issue  in the ftx  forum  so they can  help you

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Stan

I would suggest to check the scenery layer priority in your scenery.CFG file.

Good luck. Cheers,

Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I believe, FTX Pacific Fjords is required for PAKT to work correctly, is it not?

I believe, FTX Pacific Fjords is required for PAKT to work correctly, is it not?

Southern Alaska is required.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Southern Alaska is required.

Cheers, Ed

Sorry to disagree... PF has my vote.

• Upvote 1

Bert

Sorry to disagree... PF has my vote.

Yes, right. Is PF.

https://www.fullterrain.com/product/pakt

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

Pacific Fjords may be the "key".  I didn't re-install that after my last TOTAL reinstall of FSX and related addons.  I purchased it long ago, and I will install it now.  Thanks....I hope that's it.  I will confirm if so.

Stan

THAT WAS IT!  THANKS.   You need to have Pacific Fjords installed so that PAKT shows up in its full glory.  So glad I asked on this forum.  Was going crazy trying to fix it.

Alaska looks beautiful again.

Stan

THAT WAS IT!  THANKS.   You need to have Pacific Fjords installed so that PAKT shows up in its full glory.  So glad I asked on this forum.  Was going crazy trying to fix it.

Alaska looks beautiful again.

Stan

Stan, A quick look at the product page would have told you this. 

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

Probably....I just love keeping AVSIM alive and getting the different views from its members. 

Stan

You like keeping us on our toes Stan!  :wink:

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776