Sign in to follow this  
FSXCYYZEGLL

Captain Sim 767 Prog Page Errors

So for captain sim which is updated to the latest version, the progress page seems to be somewhat finicky during the flight, for example when flying from cyvr-egll on the 767 the flight plan states that you must have at least 115,000 lbs of fuel, no issue and I put that in. Unfortunately until much later in the flight the progress page not only gives me the wrong time that the aircraft actually arrives(by up to 1 hour), but it also states for most of the flight that I will run out of fuel when I get there. I've put all the correct winds and altitudes as well, and when I get there without changing anything on the aircraft there is plenty of fuel left. So my question is, is there anyway that this can be fixed or changed or avoided, and is it something to do with the drag/ff in the initial page. Also can you change the drag/ff numbers on the initial page?

Signed Jon 

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Perhaps the following link will provide you with some answers - http://www.captainsim.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1281615357/2

I rarely look at the Progress page and, if I did, would not believe anything I saw.  There are so many variables involved and we are talking about a simulator and, in this case, an old aircraft that may or may not have caught up with the latest technologies in FS. 

I Googled your topic title and came up with a lot of hits on your question (the link I provided is one).  If you continue to have problems I would suggest posting it in the Captain Sim Forums.  They seem to be more responsive to questions than in the past.  This forum was created several years ago because the CS site simply did not respond to questions in their forums.  They relied more on user-to-user support. 

I would suspect the wrong time might be the fact that even FSX cannot keep the right time and, if you did set the proper time at the point of departure, setting up the flight might have taken some of the time.  Placing the correct winds and altitudes into the FMS may depend on where you are getting the "correct" weather data.  CS has never ever been a perfectionist and there are bugs in almost every aircraft they have developed.  Just read the hundreds of posts here in this forum!!  Lot of very upset people.  Like I said, I do not expect perfection anywhere with FS and especially not in any of the Captain Sim products but their modelling and textures look realistic and programming the FMC is pretty accurate too (if you do not look at the Progress pages).

Best regards,

Jim

I created this flight plan with simbrief and came up with the same ESt. 115000lb fuel you did. That though is based on a B767-300ER. You have to remember the CS767 is modeled off the original B767-300 from the 80's, which had less efficient engines, so fuel burn will be higher, resulting in more fuel required to make the flight. I'm flying this flight now. Tried first with the 115000lb fuel load and the PROG page after pre flight showed an EFOB of 1000lbs at destination. So I increased the fuel load to 130000lb, which gives me a EFOB of 15000lb. I'll let you know how I make out.

I started this flight last night , but I aborted, because I didn't enter winds aloft data in as you apparently did, so I redid it this morning entering the winds data. When loaded with 115000lbs of fuel, This time I showed an EFOB at Preflight of 3500lbs of fuel. I then raised it a little more then last night to 135000lbs, which showed an 183000lbs EFOB. I'm now about half way through the flight, with a pretty stiff tailwind and it's now showing an EFOB of 23200lbs. So to me it looks like it's not properly accounting for the affect of Winds aloft data entered, or it's just not modeled at all. As for the ETA, this is what I would expect if winds aloft is not calculated, currently I seeing a gradual earlier ETA at arrival. Just what I would expect with a tailwind.

Sign in to follow this