Sign in to follow this  
Mephic

Sound package Addon

Looks interesting...

I am - as are the comments in the YouTube video - a little curious as to why, and if, this soundset is different than the original from PMDG?! 

They're are both obtained by recording switches and systems in the cockpit... 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

On Facebook someone stated that sounds can differ a lot in different models also depending on age of aircraft. I guess one button will not sound the same after few years but fuel pump sounds are different a LOT

Not overly impressed based on the youtube video. I did not hear any sound when they turned the Fuel Pump on. We can't hear anything on the hydraulic systems. And nothing is heard on equipment cooling and high N1 cruise engine sounds. Basically it is just the same switches sounds a bit accentuated.

What I meant is button sound for fuel pump seems different. Ill need to listen more

Not overly impressed based on the youtube video. I did not hear any sound when they turned the Fuel Pump on. We can't hear anything on the hydraulic systems. And nothing is heard on equipment cooling and high N1 cruise engine sounds. Basically it is just the same switches sounds a bit accentuated.

Default fuel pump sound will be heard as we didn't included it in the pack (because we think it is quite good). The mistake is that I've used modified default fuel pump sound that is quite silent, an that is why it can't be heard in the video. Equipment cooling sound is included, you can hear it in the video. Engine sounds are not included in the pack, that is why it is called NGX Cockpit Sound Immersion. The sounds are not accentuated, we recorded over 200 samples of levers and switches, etc, in the real 737 cockpit, and per our experience, we think this soundpack is pretty close to the original for 60% of switches at least. Also don't forget that in every 737 cockpit switches sounds a bit different, and especially levers, it all depends on the aircraft age and usage, and also the way how you handle the switches/levers. Too many variables.

Cheers 

• Upvote 1

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Don't forget PMDG uses a professional audio engineer for the sounds, and they are not borrowed from something found on the internet but are recorded in the aircraft and then worked in a studio for best results.  Anything else is strictly your preference.  I added the Klipsch THX certified 2.1 speaker system this year and couldn't imagine better sounds.

Dan Downs KCRP