Sign in to follow this  
j35

Unable to enter Departure after selecting PROC at CYHZ.

Hello

I am unable to enter a flight plan because the Departure option is greyed out after selecting Proc. Impossible to enter a Departure.

To enter a flight plan, you should hit the FPL (FlightPlan) key and enter a FROM/TO FPL.  You can enter a flight plan using the PROC key too but the G1000 must identify the airport you are at for that to happen.  If it is not doing that, then I would click on the FPL and then enter the FROM and TO airports and then go back and click on PROC.  I always use the latter unless I just want to take off using the PROC/Departure and take off.  Once enroute, I can then click on PROC and select the arrival airport and the landing runway and STAR/Transitions, etc.  I just tested my Phenom 300 and went to the default airport, clicked on PROC and the airport was identified but there was no departure or runway displayed.  The airport may not have any and ATC directs your departure.

If you could provide the airport where you are located that shows the departure option grayed out after selecting PROC, I can test to see if it happens with me too.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim

The airport was CYHZ.

I believe that I have a faulty Carenado Phenom 300 install because no matter which airport I choose, the only Option available in the PROC section is SELECT APPROACH. CYHZ shows up on the map. I tried other starting airports with the same result.

I tried your method above to start with FPL key and enter a from/to FPL ( CYHZ to CYQI) and then go back and select PROC......... SELECT APPROACH is the only Option available..... all others are greyed out.

I have been reluctant to download and reinstall Phenom 300 again because I have the GTN 750 with Bert's Mod installed and it is working. I just wanted to be able to try the Prodigy G 1000 but I don't really wanted in remove something that is working good.

Does anyone know how to fix the G1000 problem that it now show the fix/vor/ndb/airports names in the MFD?

The Navigraph database works 100% ok making the flight plans but on the MFD MAP it only show the magenta line that the aircraft will follow but don't show the names,

The airport was CYHZ.

I launched P3D and selected the Phenom 300 and location at CYHZ (active runway).  Click okay and P3D loaded.  Once loaded, I clicked on Proc and I had Arrival, Runway, and Departure shown as options.  When I clicked on Departure, CYHZ showed up but there were no SID's or transitions or runways available but I could load.  I have the latest Navigraph data installed.  Perhaps you do not have Navigraph updates available.  I'm not sure what it would look like with the data that comes as the default.

I am not going to try and protect Carenado's G1000 or the Prodigy G1000.  There are a couple of anomalies but those can be fixed by just using the GCU 477 Control Unit just below the G1000.  My philosophy in flight simulation is to learn new things no matter how difficult the unit.  You cannot just turn on the G1000 and program it and take off w/o first studying the manuals and watching tutorials on YouTube.  All G1000's have the same concepts and procedures but different add-on developers have different methods of moving your cursor up and down and sideways but all are very close to the real thing used by real time pilots.  Is the GTN 750 in real Phenom 300's?  Maybe Garmin can have it installed in Phenom's instead of the G1000.  Maybe not.  The GTN 750 is worthy of learning too....

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim

Thanks for the respone.

I have the latest Navigraph Extension offered by Carenado installed.  I have read the manual and watched some tutorial videos, and tried many times to get this thing to work before posting for help.  I have posted about my problem months ago but received no reply's. It is not that I'm doing something wrong...it is that the software will not allow me to select Departures. I start the same as you but use FSX. Halifax is shown on the map. When I click on PROC, the Arrivals, Runway, and Departures Options are shown but greyed out and cannot be selected....can't proceed beyond this point.  I can and have used this program in other aircraft ( not Carenado) and my method works in them so that is why I was wondering if others were encountering the same issue.  I found one other person who posted in Avsim about this same problem but he also never received any reply's.  I just sent him a PM recently to see if he solved the issue but he has not returned a response as yet.

As far as cursor movement that is not a problem. I can move where ever needed.... the cursor over the greyed out headings....click the ent button ...nothing happens. I just cannot select them.  I can enter airport codes,etc.

That is why I think I have an install issue but I was looking for others with the same problem and to see if they a quick, easy solution.

When I click on PROC, the Arrivals, Runway, and Departures Options are shown but greyed out and cannot be selected....can't proceed beyond this point. I can and have used this program in other aircraft ( not Carenado) and my method works in them so that is why I was wondering if others were encountering the same issue. I found one other person who posted in Avsim about this same problem but he also never received any reply's. I just sent him a PM recently to see if he solved the issue but he has not returned a response as yet.

As I indicated, my Arrivals, Runway, and Departure options are shown but, when you try to select a Departure SID or Runway, the program will not allow it.  So, obviously, you do not have the product properly installed.  Do you have the following entry in your dll.xml: 

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Carenavigraph</Name>

<Path>.\Carenavigraph.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

And, in the CarenadoNavigraph folder, the carenavigraph.db file (not in the main FSX/P3D Folder but in the CarenadoNavigraph folder)?  This file has the latest database.  There should also be a carenavigraph.dll in the main FSX/P3D folder. 

Even if it is just you that has the arrivals, runway, and departure options grayed out or anyone else, that would be wrong and indicates (to me) something is wrong with the installation of the aircraft.

I am going to split this from this topic as it is off-topic from the OP.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

Hi jim

Yes I have all the required entries you mentioned....so I guess the corrupt install must be the problem.  Thanks for taking the time to help me and clarify that the install must be the probable problem.

I bought the plane just a few days ago. The v2 version obviously, and the same happened to me at UUEE. I do not have the Navigraph extension.

Noted Beepolar1. I doubt you will get a reply. Carenado's attitude is that they have sold us a $40 product and hence they will only  provide what they see as $40 value. Once they've exhausted that provision, that's it. We all buy their stuff knowing that limitation to be honest.

Try this after aircraft already loaded : RELOAD SIM OBJECT. Just assign a key to that function in the Sim for easier use of it. If I don't do this, some buttons are not working. The first clue is : ATC menu greyed out

Mike

• Upvote 1

Even if their products are not perfect, at least I have got help from them both times I have run into problems with the G1000 in the Meridian:

Last time (P3D V3): Could type waypoint name but enter button had no function, so couldn't enter it into the flightplan. Solution: run sim as administrator.  

This time (P3D V4): Open PFD, MFD and keypad in 2D view in stead of 3D by typing Shift 1 + 2 + 3. Haven't tested it much but it sems to work. Now I can choose the different dep, arr and rwys under Proc.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Beepolar1 said:

This time (P3D V4): Open PFD, MFD and keypad in 2D view in stead of 3D by typing Shift 1 + 2 + 3. Haven't tested it much but it sems to work. Now I can choose the different dep, arr and rwys under Proc.

Still does not work for me. I can move it up two but not down to select departure. That is still a no-go.