Sign in to follow this  
Mike Nowinski

Heavy Engine Torque

i understand about engine torque and how it requires rudder input on takeoff to correct, but the 350i seems to have an excess of torque compared to other twin engine aircraft such as the Carenado B200.  Has anyone else noticed this?  Is there any way to adjust this in the aircraft.cfg file?

Also, I'm not sure if this excess torque is responsible,, but when I use the 350i as an AI aircraft, it veers to the right on a 45 deg angle on takeoff roll.

Thanks for any input you might have.

Basically for me any carenaeo aircraft except the Seneca is a nightmare to control on the pavement. It's like it is sliding on ice all the time.

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

The issue is that the ground handling is correct,but you don't have a feel for the plane. It's not hard to go all over the runway in the real thing trust me I've done it in my Viking by mistake and scared the ###### out of myself.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Thanks gentlemen.  Glad to  know it's not just me.

I also have the Carenado B200 and compared the torque params in the aircraft.cfg file and they ear both the same, yet the 200 doesn't have the excess torque situation.   That leads me to believe there is another factor culprit other than torque.

The issue is that the ground handling is correct,but you don't have a feel for the plane. It's not hard to go all over the runway in the real thing trust me I've done it in my Viking by mistake and scared the ###### out of myself.

Did you notice the same issue when using it as an AI aircraft.  That should not happen.

Thanks gentlemen.  Glad to  know it's not just me.

I also have the Carenado B200 and compared the torque params in the aircraft.cfg file and they ear both the same, yet the 200 doesn't have the excess torque situation.   That leads me to believe there is another factor culprit other than torque.

Old thread, but posting this information for those who are wondering...

They offset the engine position in the aircraft.cfg to the right to create this effect.  I like this effect...it's a surprisingly simple way to create a realistic torque effect (I have flown King Airs IRL...you do need a bootful of right rudder on takeoff), but should you want to disable it because of your control setup or personal preference, you can go to the "[GeneralEngineData]" section of the aircraft.cfg and remove the offset.

Engine.0 =     8, -8.5,  0                      //(feet) longitudinal, lateral, vertical distance from reference datum  

Engine.1 =     8,  8.5,  0                      //(feet) longitudinal, lateral, vertical distance from reference datum

The King Air 350 is quite a bit more powerful than a King Air 200. Plus it has those massive props. It is difficult to control when releasing the brakes after applying takeoff power. I have flown both.

Nick Hatchel

"Sometimes, flying feels too godlike to be attained by man. Sometimes, the world from above seems too beautiful, too wonderful, too distant for human eyes to see …"
Charles A. Lindbergh, 1953

System: Custom Watercooled--Intel i7-8700k OC: 5.0 Ghz--Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7--EVGA GTX 1080ti Founders Edition--16GB TridentZ RGB DDR4--240GB SSD--460GB SSD--1TB WD Blue HDD--Windows 10--55" Sony XBR55900E TV--GoFlight VantEdge Yoke--MFG Crosswind Pedals--FSXThrottle Quattro Throttle Quadrant--Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS--TrackIR 5--VRInsight MCPii Boeing

@C525B

It would be a bad idea to alter the cfg file as this would ruin the symmetrical propeller layout.

They didn't offset the engines to create additional torque but to have the smoke appear at the exhaust stacks and not at the propellers (nice touch IMO)!

Check the propeller section in the cfg file.

@Mike

torque in the cfg file isn't a useful Information about actual torque being produced, you have to go to the airfile to see what's actually happening.