Sign in to follow this  
Murmur

Some cloudscapes

15 fps @10% clouds @LFLP with rain is not bad.

In X-Plane, anything below 20 FPS is unflyable, because time slows down and even aircraft systems may react weird. You absolutely need to keep your FPS above 19, even in bad weather with lots of clouds.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

In X-Plane, anything below 20 FPS is unflyable, because time slows down and even aircraft systems may react weird. You absolutely need to keep your FPS above 19, even in bad weather with lots of clouds.

I know, currently I don't have a system to run the clouds especially Murmurs. without clouds even with W2XP (excluding HD + UHD Meshes) runs around 25 fps. And high settings and no HDR.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

I know, currently I don't have a system to run the clouds especially Murmurs. without clouds even with W2XP (excluding HD + UHD Meshes) runs around 25 fps. And high settings and no HDR.

My clouds + scripts should give better fps compared to default clouds. How are your fps compared to default clouds?

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

My clouds + scripts should give better fps compared to default clouds. How are your fps compared to default clouds?

I really don't remember but it was not good, I started using 3jclouds script and then I found Default CLouds Enhancer and with it I can keep the rendering to 50% clouds and 22-25 fps also depending on the area , I like what your clouds and script does but if a thick layer of cloud is there then it will be 10 fps.

Stratus and Cumulus overcast usually gives terrible fps with the default XP clouds.

I tried at PAWG with NOAA and with default clouds 1st , the clouds were like this :

Cumulus broken

Cumulus SCT

Cumulus SCT

with the default clouds and not using scripts 12 fps

with you script 8 fps but I feel there are more clouds forming with your script.

That's strange, my clouds should give higher fps. Real terra haze could also interfere with cloud puffs size and decrease fps.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

That's strange, my clouds should give higher fps. Real terra haze could also interfere with cloud puffs size and decrease fps.

Nah, I don't use RTH.

I can try again later today.

Let me re-update XP10 , then using the default clouds again I will check and then I will copy your clouds and check.

@Murmur

Went to PAGY after updating XP10 again and it asked me to overwrite the cloudsxxx.png which I did, but I had forgotten that yorur .dds clouds are still present.  Guess XP10 will pickup .png first

@PAGY with NOAA weather was Cumulus Broken and with the default XP10 clouds 17 fps .

Then deleted the all clouds and re-copied your .dds files and again @PAGY same weather condition 12 fps :sad: , so I thought maybe your clouds.lua may help , after copying and reloading .lua file I got 9 fps.

Now the strange thing, as the tests carried out were within a couple of minutes of each other with NOAA as the weather engine , what surprised me was the default XP10 clouds were forned very differently, but your clouds (without the LUA ) looked more

I am not using any other scripts with FlywithLua.

@Murmur

Yep better now, at least in the current weather scenario, 3-4 fps better. If I OC my GPU to it's correct speed I will gain 7-8 fps just by OC'ing. will fly around more to check.

3-4 fps better than before, or better than default?

3-4 fps better than before, or better than default?

better than default.

@Murmur

Cumulus Broken somewhere over LOKL Austria @FL90 NOAA weather pretty smooth for my system

Hughes_500D_1.jpg