Sign in to follow this  
Jim Young

Installing v3 MegaScenery and Software Licensing

I've purchased Arizona v3 but have not installed it yet.  Are there any known issues with Arizona v3?

Was going to purchase Utah v3 but I think I'll hold off for awhile.  This is not sounding good.

I have all the western US states MegaSceneryEarth v2.

--- Jim  ---

Are there any known issues with Arizona v3?

Arizona v3 has some issues but they were fixed the next day after release.  I haven't seen any issues. 

Think it will be wise to hold off on Utah v3 until they get the installation issue fixed.  I was going to forget about Utah v3 but, for $20, I decided to go ahead and get it.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi folks,

Thanks for alerting to the licensing issue with the Utah v3 files. I have just sent Robert an email to get this corrected (if it is indeed an unplanned licensing issue). Will get back to you when I have an answer on this one.

Dean

Dean
Manager - PC Aviator Australia

Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories

Hi folks,

Thanks for alerting to the licensing issue with the Utah v3 files. I have just sent Robert an email to get this corrected (if it is indeed an unplanned licensing issue). Will get back to you when I have an answer on this one.

Dean

Thanks for looking into this Dean,

I sent an email into customer support (Robert) on the authorization issue yesterday. I usually get a response from him in a few days.

I also can confirm the missing swath of tiles in the southern 1/3 of the state reported by JensNJ66 further up in this thread. Seams to be a gap in the installation files as JensNJ66 noted.

Brett

Skyscraper

Thanks for looking into this Dean,

I sent an email into customer support (Robert) on the authorization issue yesterday. I usually get a response from him in a few days.

I also can confirm the missing swath of tiles in the southern 1/3 of the state reported by JensNJ66 further up in this thread. Seams to be a gap in the installation files as JensNJ66 noted.

Brett

Brett,

Ok I have alerted Robert to this too. He may already be aware. Both fixes may require the re-upload of a number of large files to the server which can take some time. I'll keep on top of this issue however and ensure it gets resolved sooner, rather than later.

Dean

Dean

Thanks again Dean,

I do all my "flying" over MegaScenery and Robert usually does get the kinks out, once he is aware of them.

"It's a hobby" so I don't sweat the small stuff.  B) 

Skyscraper

Good news!

Robert has corrected the licensing issue on the files (should only need to enter your registration code once now) and has recompiled the scenery zips to include the missing tiles. The new files are currently being uploaded and Robert mentioned that may take 24 hours to complete (which was probably 12 hours ago when I got that message from him). 

So everything should be good to go shortly. If you come across any other issues, please let me know and I will get them addresses as soon as possible.

Thanks for you patience and apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Dean

(...)

So everything should be good to go shortly. If you come across any other issues, please let me know and I will get them addresses as soon as possible.

(...)

Dean,

any comment by Robert on the ultra-res Portland/OR and Denver issues?

Thanks Dean for your assistance (and Robert's) for the quick response to get this issue fixed.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Just wanted to verify UtahV3 has been fixed and the missing files are no longer missing.  Thanks to MegaScenery for the quick fix.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

I just downloaded Tennessee V3.  I checked the scenery folder and I noticed some of the BGL's were missing from the sequence (i.e. it starts at TN_4 instead of TN_1 and there is a gap from TN_34 to TN_74) is that typical??   I submitted a support request but they typically go unanswered at PC Aviator US and MegaScenery.  I love photoreal scenery and am hoping that V3 is much better than 2.0.  UltimateVFR is the best and it has autogen but he only has the Southwest covered so far.

I just downloaded Tennessee V3.  I checked the scenery folder and I noticed some of the BGL's were missing from the sequence (i.e. it starts at TN_4 instead of TN_1 and there is a gap from TN_34 to TN_74) is that typical??   I submitted a support request but they typically go unanswered at PC Aviator US and MegaScenery.  I love photoreal scenery and am hoping that V3 is much better than 2.0.  UltimateVFR is the best and it has autogen but he only has the Southwest covered so far.

Whenever I have sent them information about missing textures, they have responded within 24 hours and indicate they will post an update.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

I just downloaded Tennessee V3.  I checked the scenery folder and I noticed some of the BGL's were missing from the sequence (i.e. it starts at TN_4 instead of TN_1 and there is a gap from TN_34 to TN_74) is that typical??   (...)

I usually check the installations by going into top-down view and look out for any interruptions in the photoscenery coverage. Easy to take a screenshot then and send it to PCA, so they can track down the issue faster.

Oh, and I did exactly that for Portland/OR and Denver quite some time ago ...   ;-)

UltimateVFR has the autogen and very good color correction (consistent coloring through the whole state). Now that their store has reopened, I may buy their state of Colorado and use it as an upgraded version of the MSEv2 state. Arizona and New Mexico are pretty good already in MSEv2. Can't comment on Utah, because I use the BSS donationware there.

Whenever I have sent them information about missing textures, they have responded within 24 hours and indicate they will post an update.

Best regards,

Jim

Hi Jim!

Per usual no response.  Perhaps because you are a moderator on AVSIM forums you get preferential treatment.  The last time I had an issue MegaScenery.  I called and sent numerous messages to PC Aviator US and no response.  Fianlly got through via phone to Mark who gave me Robert's email.  Perhaps I need to send a message to Dean PC Aviator(AUS). From what I have read he is great when it comes to customer service.

Larry