Sign in to follow this  
Guest JeanLuc_

Airliners.net has a great shot of the A380 cockpit...

Just went to Airliners.net today only to find a great picture of the A380 flight deck. Talk about nice features (camera on the tail, touch screen displays for the pilot and copilot, etc...). Seeing this shot only makes me frustrated some developers rushed to produce the A380 for FS2k4 without knowing and fully understanding the subject matter in question. That energy could have been spent on the A320 or something along that line...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Looks very nice :-)The news down in Aus had it's landing in Syd today and had some inside shots. The plane is mainly full of testing equipment and silver canistors of some sort.Impressive!! :D

It actually starts to look more like a Space Shuttle cockpit I saw once at NASA display in Houston.Look at the moving map colourful graphics - stunning...Dom

Guest Jani Salo

and there is also a mouse trackball in front of the MCDU on the pedestal!Wonder if they take the gear up by pressing the "G" -button :(very high-tech cockpit. I believe this is the first pit with an FMS that has a full QWERTY keyboard instead of the old style one. Must make it easier for plotting in waypoints.Jani

Absolutely stunning. Airbus seems to have thought of every piece of technology to put in there.

Guest Andrew1981

It's stunning , It got to be the best flight deck I ever saw :)The screens on the Far Left and right got to be the On-Board Information Terminal ( OIT ) It provides just about anything that is in Paper format as charts , procedures , manuals . at the moment it

Looks like Airbus veered away from the "Standard" cockpit layout.I guess with technology change, it's pretty hard not too..Let's hope the computers are running a stable operating system... :D

Guest ThrottleUp

Nice big fat screens! They should let one of the non-flying pilots on a long haul watch a DVD heh heh.

Guest Gordius

>and there is also a mouse trackball in front of the MCDU on>the pedestal!>>Wonder if they take the gear up by pressing the "G" -button>:(>>very high-tech cockpit. I believe this is the first pit with>an FMS that has a full QWERTY keyboard instead of the old>style one. Must make it easier for plotting in waypoints.>>JaniDare I say it.I wonder what FPS they get? (sorry couldn't resist that) :-)Andrew BrownRoaring Thirtieshttp://www.gordiusfs.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/192029.png

So why the redundant keyboards (i.e. one directly in front of the pilot plus one on the FMC itself).Perhaps the one in front of the pilot is temporary or something? Used just on the ground or during cruise for planning??? Just guessing.Interesting to note the "handedness" of the flightsticks.a) I'm a lefty who's been using my right hand to fly. Maybe I've been destined for the left seat of a 380 all along!:( wonder how long it takes to get used to things after switching seats?c) flightstick, not yoke! Guess my home setup isn't so unrealistic after all. Now if they just build the pedals into a twist grip instead...Any idea what the "female appendage" below the FMC is?

Guest Andrew1981

>So why the redundant keyboards (i.e. one directly in front of>the pilot plus one on the FMC itself).>>Perhaps the one in front of the pilot is temporary or>something? Used just on the ground or during cruise for>planning??? Just guessing.Maybe it's for entering data on the The Screen on the Left of the Captain . >Interesting to note the "handedness" of the flightsticks.> wonder how long it takes to get used to things after>switching seats?I am using the Right hand but It took me just few hours to get used to fly using the Left hand ;) I now fly buses with the Left hand only . It's made easy thanks to the way the FBW ( Fly By Wire ) of the Modern Airbuses ( all except of the A300 and A310 ) is implemented .

Guest bernse

>So why the redundant keyboards (i.e. one directly in front of>the pilot plus one on the FMC itself).>>Perhaps the one in front of the pilot is temporary or>something? Used just on the ground or during cruise for>planning??? Just guessing.My guess it's only there for the test flights.. engineering purposes. I would be surprised if production AC will have them.