Sign in to follow this  
brucewtb

Radar Contact 4 on Dec 10th

Sorry if this is a repost, but their website has a release date of Dec 10th. Cool!! Looking forward to this one.

Me too! I had v3 but ended up losing it. I am hoping v4 will do the trick. Sounds impressive for sure.

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

Those guys at RC are top notch! I won't even bother upgrading V3, I'll just buy V4 outright. They deserve every penny.I have lost sight of the importance of communications in the past year enjoying all the new scenery and aircraft. I have let my real world pilot's license lapse and have just started to get back in the air to get my meteorlogical or instruments rating. I have found that my biggest fear is in ATC/Pilot communications. This is the most important and demanding component in successful flight.I look forward to this version as it adds so much more than the previous version.Hats off to all at RC.Best regards,

Am I correct in assuming that this won't be released as a download and will only be available as a CD?ricardo

Ricardo,You're correct - CD only I'm afraid. When you consider there are 13 pilot voice sets, 17 controller sets and 9 chatter pilot sets in v4 comprising a total of 73,624 wav files you can probably understand why it's only available on CD.Ken,You can fly anywhere in the world at any time of day and RCv4 will be there for you. It never sleeps ;-)Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

My question now is, would this work with the great editvoicepack program? So for example, new airlines and airports would be called out by name? Or do you plan on doing updates to add new names?

Alex,I'm not familiar with EditVoicePack but the only way of adding new airports and airlines to Radar Contact is for the people who recorded their sets to record new wavs.We've included a huge number of carriers and 109 worldwide airports so that should keep things reasonable for the time being. There has to be a balance between the number of wav files to be recorded (1905 for a controller, 1793 for a pilot) and what will fit on a CD.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest JDKL

I think RC should also consider a downloadable version. If the program fits on one CD it is certainly possible. For example Justin's FSGenesis site has many large files that are easily downloadable if you have a high speed connection - ie. Rockies 38m terrain is 708 MB.Ed

Ed,I'm just the guy who tested it and processed most of the wav files. Given today's fast DSL connections your suggestion doesn't sound unreasonable but you need to send a message to John Decker or Doug Thompson.Go over to the Radar Contact forum and post your suggestion there where they will probably be lurking :-)We had to drop 3 voice sets so it would fit on one CD but those might be available via a download at a later date.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest ScottPilot

OK, as a Radar Contect 3 user, I only have one thing to say...I CAN'T WAIT!! I CAN't WAIT!!Yipee! I have been waiting for this version for a long time. It sounds great after reading the information on the Radar Contact web site.Happy Simming!Scott :-jumpy ATP/CFII/DA20 Type Rated - Instructor Pilot - USAFA (KAFF), Colorado Springs, CO & at KCOSAOPA #00956593, since 1987Background in Corporate, Airline, and General AviationB.S. Degree in Computer Information SystemsGamming System Specs: (Built this one myself)AMD Athlon-64 3000+ Gigabyte K8NS nForce3-250 Chipset 8x AGP Main Board 1GB DDR400 PC3200 Memory 160GB 7200 rpm Hard Drive 16x DVD-ROM Audigy 2ZS Gammer Sound Card5.1 Channel Surround Sound Speakers256MB GeForce-5700 8X AGP Video Forceware 77.77 driversDual 17" LCD and CRT monitorsCotytech Gaming CaseCH Products Yoke, Rudder Pedals, Throttle QuadrantSaitek Cyborg Gold Joystic for Helo's & Stick equipped aircrafteDimensional AudioFX force feedback vibration headsets & micWindows XP Pro SP2Home Network for using the Instructor StationFS9COF Sliders maxed with other settings at their best quality positionsASVRadar Contact 3Reality XP Guages

Guest aarskringspier

>I think RC should also consider a downloadable version. If>the program fits on one CD it is certainly possible. For>example Justin's FSGenesis site has many large files that are>easily downloadable if you have a high speed connection - ie.>Rockies 38m terrain is 708 MB.>>Ed>You have to consider bandwidth cost for the developer in downloadable content.

that's exactly the issue. if someone wants to host it, i'll be more than happy to upload it somewhere :-)jd

Guest A_Delta_Sierra

Bandwidth cost?It would be cheaper then mail alone. Much cheaper time you factor in the cost of the CD and label printing.You say prove it ..1n1 -- 500 gig a month for ... $10.00addition bandwidth over the 500 limit for the $10 a month account ....$.49 thats 49 cents a gig. Can't make a cd, label it, and send it throught the mail for that!Let me know and I will host it for a $1.oo a sale and be happy!I have the space and the bandwidth. We will even let you select a url (rc4.info) for free to link to a page with instructions if you wish.Check the speed by downloading this: 16 meg wmv of recent trip to Springfieldhttp://tinyurl.com/9abe5( I am not the "host" talking in the background.)Okay -- I let you know ... guess it is your turn to comment and say why you can't offer it via download.we r bob @ mid-illini.com