Sign in to follow this  
brucewtb

Radar Contact 4 on Dec 10th

thanks for the answer. sorry to hear about the dropped voice packs, I definately would love to be able to download them to add more variety.

Guest aca_dia

In this day and age that is a bit limiting and often is the deciding factor if I decided to buy a product for FS9. As an earlier post mentioned you could host it for download for much less than burning, printing, & shipping cost. That kind of bandwidth is dirt-cheap when compared to the other option and you can simply build it into the product price. As for size

I am currently programming a voiceset editor that is compatible with Flight Deck Companion, FS Passengers, FS2Crew and Radar Contact v4 (when it is being released), so that everyone can easily create their own voiceset.I'll feature a descriptive text for every file for easy browsing, a very easy interface to record a new voiceset and automatic saves in the correct format without making your fingers bleed. All the wave setting can be adjusted for on the fly recording (sample rate, bit rate, etc.).Stay tuned.Cheers,Pat

Guest JDKL

Well, I'm going to get this either way - CD or download - but sure would be easier and quicker to download. Hope something can get worked out for this to happen.Ed

Guest aarskringspier

>Bandwidth cost?>>It would be cheaper then mail alone. Much cheaper time you>factor in the cost of the CD and label printing.>>You say prove it ..>>1n1 -- 500 gig a month for ... $10.00>>addition bandwidth over the 500 limit for the $10 a month>account ....>$.49 thats 49 cents a gig. Can't make a cd, label it, and>send it throught the mail for that!>>Let me know and I will host it for a $1.oo a sale and be>happy!>>I have the space and the bandwidth. We will even let you>select a url (rc4.info) for free to link to a page with>instructions if you wish.>>Check the speed by downloading this: 16 meg wmv of recent trip>to Springfield>http://tinyurl.com/9abe5>( I am not the "host" talking in the background.)>>Okay -- I let you know ... guess it is your turn to comment>and say why you can't offer it via download.>>we r bob @ mid-illini.comAnd on release day when your server crashes from the massive amount of people trying to download it youll see why its not just a simple per gig problem. There is so much you need in place for a large scale roll out to execute it correctly its not funny. Its not just the bandwidth its the entire infrastucture that makes selling a CD much easier and profitable for them.

Guest A_Delta_Sierra

Your right, You can't do it. Yes, You must plan.Always someone in the crowd. ;-) It can't be done, the sky is falling. ;-)1n1 is not a mon and pop operation like a lot of people try using.

maybe we'll upload the additional sets to avsim, for download. and you can create your own, and upload them too.

Guest aarskringspier

>Your right, You can't do it. Yes, You must plan.>>Always someone in the crowd. ;-) It can't be done, the sky>is falling. ;-)>>1n1 is not a mon and pop operation like a lot of people try>using. >I never said it couldnt be done; I said it isnt worth it to some not matter how simple and or cost effective others may think downloading it would be. What works for some doesnt for others. Bandwidth is 1/10th of the total equation.

If Ultimate Traffic can provide a download of 1 gig for their UT USA release then surely a 700 meg download is quite feasible. Even with only a 512K broadband I have downloaded number of files of 2 gig or more - just let it run overnight and it is there in the morning. These days 700 meg is a very reasonable download size. I see no point in going to all the trouble of preparing CDs plus the added cost of postage for a file of that size.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

i have done a little research in my spare time, and found a couple of web site hosters that might fill the need. i'll look into it after the first of the year.for the months of november and december, rc will be cd only.thanks for the input, maybe web site hosters have improved since rc v1, v2, and v3 :-)

Guest ScottPilot

I'm not sure, but I think the upgrade is "upgrade pricing." I think it will be the exact same CD as the "FULL NEW USER" version. I don't think it will actually be "upgrading version 3" itself.Upgrade pricing is available for 6 months after the release and you can order version 4 on the 3rd of December instead of the 10th of December if you are a prior customer.This is all spelled out on the RC4 website.Of course, if you are going to give them the extra $10 that's your choice, but you will need to wait until the 10th when you could get your order sooner by ordering on the 3rd.Happy Simming!Scott