Sign in to follow this  
Philmo

Landing light problem in P3dV3.3

Has anyone else had this problem? 

The landing lights and rear white nav light are white squares in P3dV3.3

Carenado support was less than helpful.  Only suggesting I redownload with no antivirus, uninstall the old version, reinstall and run as administrator - all of which I always do anyway.

The strobes and beacon lights work fine.

The problem does not occur if I use the same installer to install to FSX-SE 

The problem does not occur with any other aircraft (including the Carenado EMB505) in P3D.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Fine here too with P3D3.3

How about installing latest graphic drivers again, deleting all shader cache files in C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Shaders 

and then starting Prepar3d and trying again.

If this doesn't cure, have you uninstalled the aircraft completely and reinstalled it?

Regards

Dan

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

Thanks Dan but I've tried all of those things.....still have the big white squares.

I doubt I'm alone here. I noted someone on the Orbx forums posting shots with the white square replacing the white rear nav light.

I have the big white square on the tail nav light.

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

Hi Phil

I had a similar experience with the landing lights and after exhausting all the various fixes I tried the following…

First delete the shaders folder in the AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Shaders folder and restart P3D to rebuild them.

Then from the control panel uninstall and reinstall the P3D Client update for P3D.

After that they worked as they should

Jim Hodkinson

Hi Phil

I had a similar experience with the landing lights and after exhausting all the various fixes I tried the following…

First delete the shaders folder in the AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Shaders folder and restart P3D to rebuild them.

Then from the control panel uninstall and reinstall the P3D Client update for P3D.

After that they worked as they should

Jim Hodkinson

Thanks Jim. It is good to see you around. Hope your health is good.

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

Hi Greg

Nice to hear from you it has been a while, as for my health it is nothing that taking twenty or so years of my age would not cure. but I am getting there slowly but surely.

I hope the landing / navigation light fix works as I was almost tearing my hair out trying to figure it out and the above was somewhat a last resort, but it is an odd one as

all my other Carenado birds up to the Phenom 300 do not have this issue, I did have it with the Alabeo 404 Titan in P3D which I had to return and I am seriously thinking

of trying it out again now that the DO-DO that had the same issue is working.

I really hope that the above works out OK for you guys as I know it can be a bit of a pain in the rear when you have an issue like this.

Take care, and thanks for the good wishes it is appreciated.

Jim Hodkinson

Thanks for your suggestions Jim.  Unfortunately they did not work for me - I still have the white squares.  After trying your suggestion I then tried uninstalling and reinstalling the P3D objects module plus a re-boot of Win10 - still no go.

So at this time, after trying everything suggested by all you helpful people I am resigned to flying the DO228 with landing lights off (or if needed at night stay in the cockpit and don't look at the aircraft from the outside - they still illuminate the runway just fine.

Hi Phil

Sorry to hear that you still have the issue, the main reason I happened to reinstall the P3D Client was that I noticed one of the updates after the HotFix was related to the .fx file usage so you need the latest version of the P3D Client installer, I mention this as my original Client installer was pre hotfix so I had to download the latest Client installer.

I hope it helps.

Jim Hodkinson

update it to 3.3.5, fixed my problem entirely 

and also you have to uninstall the content and reinstall, just not the client 

Hi Alex

I think I had already updated the content for some other reason that escapes me now, but I am glad to hear it worked OK, the only thing is they have now updated P3D to v3.4, I am downloading but holding off installing as it is bound to break FSUIPC and Pete is on a break for a few more days.

Thanks for the feedback I appreciate it.

Jim H

Well up to now every update to P3D has had some effect on FSUIPC so there is a better than even chance that this latest update will have some effect as well and I would rather hold off until Pete has returned to his forum by which time the dust will probably have settled on v3.4, and as I use it a lot I would rather not risk having to roll back to 3.35 as a full reinstall is never fun.

I just find it better to be safe than sorry.

EDIT

I just took a look at the P3D forum post regarding the update and at least one user has stated the FSUIPC is indeed working in v3.4, sadly I will still have to wait as AS16 will have to be updated.

Well, my lights problem is fixed. They now look normal - no more large white squares.

Reloading p3d v3.3.5 client and content did not solve the issue but upgrading client and content to 3.4 did the trick!

BTW, FSUIPC works fine, F1GTN 750 has an update as does Orbx scenery so all good now.