Sign in to follow this  
jport1

V3 and Global NOT installing correctly

I am a long time FS2 subscriber and have most ALL the products, however, I am less than happy with whatever changes came with the update to V3.0 and global.  I installed them both, separately several times and I continue to have blank/black gauges and FS2 does not even show up in my addons menu in FSX.

In inspecting the panel.cfg it is NOT installing or writing the [Window 21 and 22] which are

FS2Crew main and secondary Panels, I expect that these should contain the gauges, etc.

I have wasted an entire morning trying to fix the issue to no avail.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled completely and still just black gauges.  This should not happen.  it is quite frustrating, help appreciated.

Joe

Joe Porter

ngxu_banner.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Beta_Tester.jpg

I am a long time FS2 subscriber and have most ALL the products, however, I am less than happy with whatever changes came with the update to V3.0 and global.  I installed them both, separately several times and I continue to have blank/black gauges and FS2 does not even show up in my addons menu in FSX.

In inspecting the panel.cfg it is NOT installing or writing the [Window 21 and 22] which are

FS2Crew main and secondary Panels, I expect that these should contain the gauges, etc.

I have wasted an entire morning trying to fix the issue to no avail.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled completely and still just black gauges.  This should not happen.  it is quite frustrating, help appreciated.

Joe

I have finally given up, never had this problem before. I have been using the NGX reboot since it came out and it worked great. Now I am completely on my knees. I am a home cockpit builder so to start all over is a weeks worth of reinstallations . . I just cannot think what has changed to cause this problem.

Joe Porter

ngxu_banner.png

Hi Joe,

Black gauges mean the gauge didn't load.

It's usually because:

1. Your anti virus nuked something.

2. Your panel cfg is messed up somehow.  Usually it happens when people try migrating FSX content into P3D V3.

I'll help you via a remote desktop.

Check your email.

Cheers,

It appears to be fixed with the help of Bryan with a remote access.  it was the panel.cfg file that became corrupted.  sorted it all out and have V2 back up and running and will work to get V3 and global reinstall.  Looking good.  I really  appreciated Bryan's hands on help to sort this out.  He saved me a big reconstruction project, I assure you.

Cheers to Bryan and it is why I have almost every product he has put on the market.  I will let you all know the results but for now.  I have my (FS2) Crew back . ..

Joe 

Joe Porter

ngxu_banner.png

Hi All,

To continue my post, I have now installed V3 and the Global and all appears to be working.  Other than I can't seem to get the Sec panel to work with a keyboard assignment to propeller sync on/off.  Just not working, maybe I read the manual incorrectly and there is another assignment in the controls section in FSX. 

Thoughts?

Joe 

Joe Porter

ngxu_banner.png

Other than I can't seem to get the Sec panel to work with a keyboard assignment to propeller sync on/off.  Just not working, maybe I read the manual incorrectly and there is another assignment in the controls section in FSX. 

V3 removed that as per the change log.  We had to remove it to prevent a possible conflict with RAAS.

Cheers,

HI Bryan,

Unfortunately, I looked it up in the manual and it was noted as still there, so I attempted to assign it.  I did not read the change log.  However, I don't fly with a mouse, so I always use hotkeys to map various activities including opening the main and sec page with FS2.  Is there any way that we can possibly get a hotkey capability back for the sec screen, please.

Thanks

Joe

Joe Porter

ngxu_banner.png

Hi Joe,

Black gauges mean the gauge didn't load.

It's usually because:

1. Your anti virus nuked something.

2. Your panel cfg is messed up somehow.  Usually it happens when people try migrating FSX content into P3D V3.

I'll help you via a remote desktop.

Check your email.

Cheers,

Hey I'm having problems with my FS2crew button control. I have the Aerosoft A320. I bought and installed fs2crew button. Am I missing something?

Hey I'm having problems with my FS2crew button control. I have the Aerosoft A320. I bought and installed fs2crew button. Am I missing something?

I replied to your message.

Your panel.cfg is messed up.

Please re-install the Aerosoft Airbus to make your panel.cfg's original again, then re-enable FS2Crew.

Best,