Sign in to follow this  
Midcon113

AS16/ASN & Simbrief Dispatches

Hi Everyone,

I'm currently using SimBrief to put together my dispatches for my flights and reall am digging the system.  However, I'm also using Rex Essentials for my weather, and it just seems there's a total disconnect between the two.  I think the culprit is Rex Essentials.  Right now in the background I'm flying over northern Wisconsin and there were thunderstorms to my north, and when I check real time actual radar, it's crystal clear.  My winds aloft are nowhere close to what SimBrief told me to expect to.  METARs on the other hand are pretty much spot on.

So that brings me to my question: if I were to upgrade to ASN (through Steam) or AS16, am I going to see an improvement here?  From your experience, does the weather get more accurately depicted enroute by the Active Sky engines?  How closely do the winds aloft match what SimBrief is giving me?

Lastly, my big problem with the built-in FSX weather has always been the rapid changing of winds aloft along the route, where it appeared surface weather was being extrapolated all the way up, and I'd get 180 degree wind shifts about every 10 seconds.  Rex seems to have fixed that and I'm assuming Active Sky does as well?

Thanks in advance, and I'm grateful for any insight you may have.

Mark

Mark Lam

Do the 7-day free trial and find out for yourself but I just did KLIT-KBDL specifically because I saw on windyty.com that flight would give me a hell of a tailwind. Simbrief said I'd have between 60 and 80 kts on the tail and that's exactly what I got from AS16. I saw 590 kts GS for a while and 580 almost the whole trip flying the Eaglesoft C750. :smile:

• Upvote 1

Do the 7-day free trial and find out for yourself but I just did KLIT-KBDL specifically because I saw on windyty.com that flight would give me a hell of a tailwind. Simbrief said I'd have between 60 and 80 kts on the tail and that's exactly what I got from AS16. I saw 590 kts GS for a while and 580 almost the whole trip flying the Eaglesoft C750. :smile:

I will do that - probably have to wait until next weekend.  Never heard of that site before - it's cool!!  Thanks for the tip on that one! :)

Mark Lam