Sign in to follow this  
Duncan Odgers

News of 747-400 V3

Hi PMDG,

Thank you so much for your updates and information you shared on the Flight Angels video yesterday. Very good news regarding platform development, DC-6 forr P3D coming out this year and basically going into Beta soon and an updated NGX. One piece of news you didn't really comment on was the 747-400?! Is this close to Beta? Any clues as to how you are getting on with the development. It would appear from the outside that the DC-6 is more important but i know thats not true.

Please im not asking for release dates or anything like that just an update would be great.

Thanks

Blessings

Duncan Odgers

• Upvote 1

There is no update to the information already pinned in a topic on that subject.  She is in tech testing. 

Wow..., we went three days without someone asking for an update. Must be a record.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi PMDG,

Thank you so much for your updates and information you shared on the Flight Angels video yesterday. Very good news regarding platform development, DC-6 forr P3D coming out this year and basically going into Beta soon and an updated NGX. One piece of news you didn't really comment on was the 747-400?! Is this close to Beta? Any clues as to how you are getting on with the development. It would appear from the outside that the DC-6 is more important but i know thats not true.

Please im not asking for release dates or anything like that just an update would be great.

Thanks

Blessings

Duncan Odgers

I would be happy about an update,  since I could not see the video  :unsure: 

Cheers

Sebastian

Dagnabbit I thought this was an actual update...please obliterate this thread.

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

There is no update to the information already pinned in a topic on that subject.  She is in tech testing. 

Wow..., we went three days without someone asking for an update. Must be a record.

Not wanting to contradict, and I may be mistaken, but I believe I heard in the interview that Tech Testing was going well.  A lot of things had been uncovered and now Tech Testing was nearing completion.  RSR also said it is perhaps the most thorough Tech Testing run they've ever had and consequently was optimistic for a shorter beta (I stress, this was just optimism, not stating it would be).  I think I heard 10 days or so for moving from full blown Tech Testing to Beta Testing, but again believe this is an aspiration at this point.

Based on this it's not unlikely that we'll get an RSR update end of the month, but nothing is in stone.

Craig Read, EGLL

Nov 2016 release is my guess if all goes well.

spacer.png

Dagnabbit I thought this was an actual update...please obliterate this thread.

Would've been pinned if it were.

Not wanting to contradict, and I may be mistaken, but I believe I heard in the interview that Tech Testing was going well.  A lot of things had been uncovered and now Tech Testing was nearing completion.  RSR also said it is perhaps the most thorough Tech Testing run they've ever had and consequently was optimistic for a shorter beta (I stress, this was just optimism, not stating it would be).  I think I heard 10 days or so for moving from full blown Tech Testing to Beta Testing, but again believe this is an aspiration at this point.

This is correct. The tech team this time around is very, very, very thorough, as he mentioned. It's actually really impressive.

Kyle Rodgers

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Precision_Manuals_Development_Group

Out of interest how accurate is the above?.... Well I say 'how accurate' obviously since it's a Wiki it's 100% accurate without question, I blindy and without question believe Wiki pages as it doesn't have things wrong it has 'potential inaccuracies' which are completely different. 

Have you guys got dates for the beta entry for your previous products or would someone (with more patience than me) have to go through the forum looking for the old topics?

Craig Read, EGLL

Out of interest how accurate is the above?

Looking at the page, I can definitely say none of the PMDG team spent any amout of time providing information on it.

That table is atrocious, too.

Kyle Rodgers

HAHAHAHAHA

Wikipedia...

:-D

:Hmmmph:  Wikipedia.. is.. brilliant... so there... lol

Craig Read, EGLL

I have nothing against wiki as long as it's properly cited and verified. Regardless of what you're reading, you should verify by reading more than one source - yes, this includes Scientific Study C from Ive League University X. I'd argue that most of the "mainstream" wiki pages get more peer review than a lot of the other stuff people might use as reference. While I don't use it as a specific reference in most discussions, I will often start there to get a good baseline of knowledge, and then use the linked sources for further education and citation.

I think it's mainly just a stigma that we picked up in school or university, which usually stems from mistrust due to its lack of formal review, though it could also simply be a bit of intellectual elitism (keeping in mind that a there is a predominant belief that a college professor's "worth" is partially judged by the the works they've published, so seeing people cite resources outside of the "scholarly" realm would be seen somewhere from simply inferior, to a shot in the side). To me, there are a great number of wiki articles out there that are simply superb as they are able to communicate a particular topic to someone who might not otherwise understand it. Consider someone who wants to know what quantum mechanics is all about. A lot of the academic topics about QM are pretty complex (some are actually remarkably detailed yet free - kudos to MIT), but there exists a wiki article that explains it in many different languages, to include Simple English. Again, I won't cite wiki since it usually isn't a primary source (and I prefer primary because it makes my argument a lot stronger) if I'm participating in a serious discussion about something, but I think it gets often gets a bad rap when it usually shouldn't.

Side rant over...carry on...  :P

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

So, Kyle, reading between the lines of your post, you are suggesting a Nov 2016 release then...gotcha mate.  :-D

• Upvote 1

spacer.png