Sign in to follow this  
Ronnie1968

I can't access the config manager

Not sure why  this has stopped working. Is there anyway I can get into this and register again. FScrew is working in the flight sim. I've not yet tried 3.0, only set it up in FSX. 

The first picture is what I get once I have clicked on the FScrew on the desktop (Error message). I click "OK" on the message displayed and i get the FSCrew login in, but when I click on name, or anything else, I get FScrew as stopped working.

fsscr071_zpsf5ttb6g2.png

fsscr069_zpss9n4qvwq.png

Thanks

Ronnie

I just have a normal HD monitor.

It did work before, as far as I was aware because I have used it. I noticed it after the new FScrew 3.0 update. I then tried a clean install of the 3.0, but that didn't work. I then uninstalled 3.0 and put back 2.0, but i still have the same problem.

I'm not sure if Windows (Win 7) update as inferred with it at some stage ?

Thanks

If it worked before, then I'm guessing one of your system files became corrupt.

Can you do a Windows Restore (Point) to the time it was working?

Also, anti-virus programs can sometimes monkey things up.

Try turning off your anti-virus program.  Re-install and try again.

fsscr069_zpsp4okbrcy.png

fsscr071_zpse0snqkdu.png

fsscr074_zpswmdmzmir.png

fsscr075_zpsebhcd65i.png

fsscr072_zps1gawywz1.png

fsscr073_zps7k5ztwjy.png

I uploaded 3.0 again today after having put 2.0 back on. Today 3.0 did not even work in the game. I took FScrew off again and put 2.0 back on and it works fine. Even telling me to update it.

I still can't not get into the Config manager, It used to work, but not now, not even with 2.0 back on.

I thought it could be this "uiautomationcore.dll", I don't have this in the game (FSX Folder), even though people still say this stops crashes, it does not stop the click issue in the game. I have also taken ownership of the uiautomationcore.dll, in the windows folder, sysWOW64 Folder and let it lay dormant there. I only put it back when doing a windows update. 

I have just checked 2.0 and it's running but i still have the same issue with the config manager. It does not pose a problem for me, but only that i can't register, but it works.

I have attached some piccys above of my event log.

I can put a ticket in, but see what you think of my log, if you can see it.

Thanks Ronnie

I think i will have to grin and bear it, I reckon Bryan. I have just put 3.0 over 2.0 and it works. I'm happy with that. I did run the NET program, thanks for that, but i still can not get into the Config Manager.

If there is another way of getting into the manager, just let me know.

Thanks

Cheers Bryan. I had the same ages ago with the Config Manager, but you updated to 2.0, that solved the problem. 3.0 seems work, that's fine.

Thanks for your help.