Sign in to follow this  
caaront

Where do you find the airport, route, etc, numbers to enter into the FMC

My 2 cents for having fun and keep expenses low...

1) Airnav for airport ICAO ids, frequencies, approach plates, SIDs and Stars. This is a website and totally free. Not great for outside US airports (for that i just google  ICAO codes and  something always comes up).

now airnav is updated (or updated enough) but your 737 FMC is not so you need:

2) Navigraph to update the AIRACs of your 737 FMC and find the same SID/STAR definitions that you find on Airnav so they speak the same language. I do the $5 subscription which is valid for only 30 days but in my opinion keeps you going well enough for few months until the discrepancies get too big then i need to update again.

3) finally SimBrief, which is a free too and i find it to be an awesome tool for plotting a route from A to B, print a flight plan and upload it in both FSX and Active Sky if you have it. Simbrief can be set to use the same AIRAC that you have on your FMC which is the same in Airnav so everything is in tune.

I have used skyvector too sometimes but i prefer SimBrief, just my personal opinion

i am sure there are other options that combine all the above in a single program but probably the cost more. 

• Upvote 1

I have a plan but it has to wait until my wife and I get our new home, hopefully not longer than 90 days.

Until then we are too busy to do much more than run like chickens with our heads cut off.

But as soon as we are in our new home I will have more time to take some PDF and video tutorials and instruction.

I will just enjoy short 15 minute hops until then.

But I cannot wait until I can plan and execute a whole flight including auto landing, even go arounds etc, easily, without any input othewr than the needed numbers, and do it in a timely manner.

Aaron Tirrell

including auto landing

You should do some research in auto landing too, its only technically allowed at certain facilities, although in the sim you can do it till your heart's content.

Much of the fun for me is above flying the plane... that is learning things such as when are you allowed to perform an autoland and why you would want to.

I will just enjoy short 15 minute hops until then.

There are plenty of short hops flown real world by B737s tailor made for your short windows of opportunity. My favorite is LAX-LAS but there are many.

Dan Downs KCRP

For me the auto-landings will be for videos, and showing my friends.

I love flying totally manually too,I do lots of short hops totally hands on.

Aaron Tirrell

If you fly in the US then:

- flightaware.com for real world routes and

- airnav.com for airport, SID and STARS charts

is all you need to get you started.

Simbrief.com also does fuel calculation for some aircrafts.

Joel Pacheco

X-plane 11.5, i7 4790k OC 4.8GHz (1.330V) - Nvidia GTX 1080ti - Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 - Corsair Hydro Series H115i - Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz DDR3 CL10 - Samsung 860 EVO SSD 500Gb  - Windows 10 Pro - HP Reverb G2