Sign in to follow this  
edetroit

Bond Repaint

Oh I did not know that was a autopilot landing. I never tried autopilot in a helicopter before.

One other question. How long does it take to get approved at the ODG website? 3 days ago I signed up because it said you needed to be registered and approved to go to the download section. And so far I haven't been approved. I really want to download some oil rigs so I can fly to them.

And so far I haven't been approved. I really want to download some oil rigs so I can fly to them

Have you had any joy yet Joseph?

Looking forward to the oil platform video in and out of Aberdeen, Ed!

I'm still tinkering WingZ, but I will get there.  :Nerd:

fsscr055_zpstctvaf3d.jpg

WOW...

Will it be possible to bring the AP/annunciator in there, I wonder?

Have you had any joy yet Joseph?

Actually I email them and asked them why is it taking so long and I just got a response yesterday. They said my user name was almost the same as a spammer and they didn't approve my user name. But after getting things squared away my user name was approved.

WOW...

Will it be possible to bring the AP/annunciator in there, I wonder?

Nope. That was the first thing I emailed Dirk about, was there a SDK for the gauge. He said no, there was no way to connect to XML which is what everyone who uses this gauge wants to do. Thing is Dirk does the graphics not the programming. Now I know a man who can turn C++ into XML......but you get a feeling when someone does not want to listen.  

So I have re-written all the xml autopilot on the AW139 as custom LVars so they do not interfere with Dirk's autopilot and automated some of it to suit.

Sheesh WingZ , I want to go back to analogue ....these glass displays are putting me to the test! The Aw139 really is quite an amazing chopper!.

fsscr072_zpsy647sjf8.jpg

Glass is the future...

Not for me it's not. The combination of XML glass and a VC is a surefire way kill the fps. I cannot remember the last time I thought of fps until this pit.

And has a history filled with drama:

Thank you for the link WingZ, it helped me find out what the MFD map vor and airport symbols look like. I do have an AW139 manual but simple things like this are missing from it.  :Nerd:

fsscr075_zps7fzwft9w.jpg

Well that certainly looks very good...

I cannot remember the last time I thought of fps
I somehow always suspected we'd have to upgrade computers one last time for FS9, given what became possible in the old sim  :wub:

Well that certainly looks very good...

I somehow always suspected we'd have to upgrade computers one last time for FS9, given what became possible in the old sim  :wub:

Not for me. With my new rig unlimited my average fps is 70-100 fps. So I can chuck in fps killers like Fraps and not notice them. :)

I think my VC fps problem may well be poor programming of my MFD. That's the trouble with glass, you have hundreds hundreds of lines of codes to check and it only takes one tiny wrong move to bugger up the whole thing!

Spare a thought then, for these guys who have 8 million lines of code which have to perform faultlessly!

https://www.f35.com/about/life-cycle/software

Thanks for this repaint Ed, I'm enjoying it and starting to have a look around Aberdeen.

The AP is good if you use it to your advantage i.e. where it doesn't create more workload.

Often there are times when hand flying is best; this machine can be put down manually on the numbers after a bit of practice.  

Often there are times when hand flying is best; this machine can be put down manually on the numbers after a bit of practice.

Bravo WingZ!!  That's why I love video. I love to see pilot skillz and hear engines. :Applause:  :dirol:

I'd almost forgot she flies quite nicely without the autopilot. I will use it less. :BigGrin:

Looks like the original contact points on takeoff....bad gear animation. :Nerd:

:good: ...

Yes the clip was made up of two circuits.

The landing is with revised CP's.

And quite true: there is a sense of achievement in planting it near where you intended, albeit with something of a wobble!

Having said that the AP makes cross country cruising/sightseeing a breeze, and a perfect alternative to any GA plane. 

I tried the flight from the Galaxy platform to Dyce again after optimising my code. I could not resist the autopilot.

Everything was going swimmingly until I hit the flight to hover button. Her heading changed slightly and I ended up on the fairway not the runway.  :lol:

The AP transition to hover is nothing short of miraculous...  :o

But perhaps that's where the crosswind catches you out?

I've been looking at T/O and landing clips of this beastie - it is always decidedly nose-up.

The manual landing can be fudged to do this by delaying the flare - a pity the AP cannot duplicate this.

I actually tried putting very high loads in the front, to no avail. 

The AP transition to hover is nothing short of miraculous... 

But perhaps that's where the crosswind catches you out?

I agree, the crosswind did but it shouldn't . :Nerd:  

I've been looking at T/O and landing clips of this beastie - it is always decidedly nose-up.

The manual landing can be fudged to do this by delaying the flare - a pity the AP cannot duplicate this.

I actually tried putting very high loads in the front, to no avail

I have done some research on this. Apparently it is because the modeller modelled the aircraft as level and should have modelled the rotor as level instead.

Note the Nemeth S-76 holds a nice nose up position is the hover with the autopilot.