Sign in to follow this  
edetroit

Bond Repaint

Lovely paint Ed!

Cheers Joseph. Here's the paint:  http://www.mediafire.com/download/ioop7bzcdb9noj5/AW139_bond.zip

fsscr041_zpsyd9ju0ib.jpg

Yeahhh...

Where'd you get the oil rig?

http://www.fs-odg.com

I installed them when I was setting up Humberside. I saw a couple of vessels on the way into Dyce which will be useful for short training flights.

fsscr045_zpswgs13af9.jpg

fsscr051_zpsis1twalv.jpg

I may well finish my Bristow AW139 paint but as you can see from the AW139 near the rotor the model has some texture issues.  :rolleyes:

fsscr023_zpsyj8zwy0u.jpg

Here's a few mods. Editvoicepack for the Agusta AW139 and the 2GPD heliafcad.

Editvoicepack mods.

Aberdeen_Heliport_2GPD gives the name "Aberdeen" for FSATC to the heiport afcad 2GPD.

AgustaWestland_type gives the name "AgustaWestland" if you add AGUSTAWESTLAND to your aircraft cfg...eg

atc_type=AGUSTAWESTLAND

AAW139_model gives the name "AW139 helicopter" if you add AW139 to your aircraft cfg...eg

atc_model=AW139

If you add both you will get both. If you just want "AW139 helicopter" do this;

atc_type=Silent
atc_model=AW139

Regarding the 2GPD overlay afcad for heli action at Aberdeen.

This is a very simple afcad that I have not had time to work on yet but it seems to work ok in my sim.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/wy6f5r5mhyd4u5g/Aberdeen_mods.zip

I may well finish my Bristow AW139 paint

Absolutely, just paint it blue and be done!

Thanks for the ODG link, I never did get around to that with Humberside.

Haven't really spent quality time with Aberdeen either.

NOT ENOUGH FS TIME!!!  :p0129:

Edit: Just had to sneak in to Aberdeen for a quick look: good one Ed!

ZVd3Id.jpg 

Ed, which model do you use for this new bond paint? There is no cfg file. I am guessing either the Offshore model or the Offshore_long model but I am not sure which one.

Joseph, since I am around, here's mine:

[fltsim.2]
title=AW139 Bond G-VINC
sim=AB139
model=Offshore_long
panel=
sound=
texture=G-VINC
atc_id=G-VINC
kb_checklists=
ui_manufacturer=Agusta Westland
ui_type=AW139
ui_variation=Bond G-VINC
prop_anim_ratio=-1.90
description=Non-commercial Individual Use Only.
atc_id_color=0x00000000
atc_heavy=0
atc_id_font=Verdana,-11,1,600,0
visual_damage=0

Just had to sneak in to Aberdeen for a quick look

G-VINB is a red one.....should make it G-VINJ.  :wink:

Ed, which model do you use for this new bond paint? There is no cfg file. I am guessing either the Offshore model or the Offshore_long model but I am not sure which one.

Offshore Long

I've had a thought after testing a rwy32 arrival. It would be a good idea to shorten rwy 32/14 to 100ft (invisibly) . So all AI heli takeoffs and landings on that runway are south of the main commercial traffic runway 34/16  down the runway 14 end. With the plus that it gives me a much better chance of landing my chopper in the right spot! :smile:

edit* After the hours of work put into this lovely chopper it is a great shame she lands nose wheel first.

Wish I had more time at the moment to spend on this excellent heliport, erm, FS scenery.

Those not up to speed with helo operations might not realise that Ed is being a little disingenuous with his comments on that clip - it is remarkable. And the product of a fair amount of luck and skill to bring the machine down at that point in that way. Let me rephrase that: A lot of practice, and a fair bit of skill!  

G-VINB is a red one.....should make it G-VINJ
I know... but there are 6 of these machines and they surely are going to go through the paint shop any minute!

JVkzsv.jpg

Question only is: what are the other rego's?  :Whistle:

Ed what is your set up to fly helicopters? No matter how much I try I can never land as good as you did in that video. I think it's because I only have a joystick.

Where can I get this Augusta chopper? Payware? freeware?

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Above posts split from a topic about release of Aberdeen airport.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Ed what is your set up to fly helicopters? No matter how much I try I can never land as good as you did in that video. I think it's because I only have a joystick.

WingZ started me off on this journey by recommending it to me. I found that it had an autopilot .....well two actually. There had been a lot of effort to program a xml autopilot and fmc which I actually never tried because I was intrigued by the other autopilot written in C++ by Dirk Fassbender and Antti Pankonen.

http://www.hovercontrol.com/cgi-bin/ifolio/imageFolio.cgi?search=HC075DI_FSX_COUGAR_AUTOPILOT&cat=&x=14&y=7&bool=and

What you see in the above video is not me flying at all. All is being done by the autopilot. I could never land that smoothly.

I call it a journey because after downloading the base package there was a lot of troubleshooting to do between WingZ and myself.

1 Learn how to use this new autopilot.

2 Paint the required liveries despite the awful texture modelling.

3 Fix the contact point for sweet gear animation.

4 The autopilot is a WIP so there are many versions of it. I ended up using the one that comes with the base package....I think WingZ uses a later version. 

5.So in the end I repainted, recontact pointed, regauged,reeffected and learnt to fly her .....all I had wanted to do was make a flight to Aberdeen. I am now ready to make that flight.  :p0503:

*edit; Just tested the autopilot on my S76...looks promising.  :Cuppa:

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

An excellent journey, and well worth while.

All my helos have the AP installed, in various flavours.

It is cantankerous and sometimes frustrating, but like a lot of good things, sometimes really rewarding.

Happily It works very well on the new Bell 429, too.

Looking forward to the oil platform video in and out of Aberdeen, Ed!